GRE support on QNX

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Jessica Hsieh

GRE support on QNX

Post by Jessica Hsieh » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:46 pm

I am making an SOCK_RAW connection to an Linux system and all the data that
goes through this connections needs to be encapsulated using Genereic
Routing Encapsulation (GRE). On Linux system, GRE can be support by using
IPPROTO_GRE when doing

socket(sock, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_GRE);

does anyone know if it's support by QNX system as well??

Thanks,
-Jessica,

Xiaodan Tang

Re: GRE support on QNX

Post by Xiaodan Tang » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:03 am

Jessica Hsieh <jessica.hsieh@nokia.com> wrote:
I am making an SOCK_RAW connection to an Linux system and all the data that
goes through this connections needs to be encapsulated using Genereic
Routing Encapsulation (GRE). On Linux system, GRE can be support by using
IPPROTO_GRE when doing

socket(sock, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_GRE);

does anyone know if it's support by QNX system as well??
Yes it is supported.

-xtang

Jessica Hsieh

Re: GRE support on QNX

Post by Jessica Hsieh » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:53 pm

which library should I include in order to do this??

Post by Xiaodan Tang » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:13 am

Jessica Hsieh <jessica.hsieh@nokia.com> wrote:
which library should I include in order to do this??
My understanding is socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, any_number); is
always supported. It just tell tcpip that if it received
an IP packet with "any_number", give it to the application.

So you only need libsocket.so (which support socket() call)
to do this.

Either socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_GRE), or if you are
running old version of QNX6, just socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, 47)
should work.

The npm-tcpip.so stack in 6.2, have the support of GRE
build inside of stack (try read the technote "Generic Routing
Encapsulation (IP Tunneling)" in your helpview). I seems remember
this stack have a bug if a user application also request GRE
proto as RAW packets...

-xtang
"Xiaodan Tang" <xtang@qnx.com> wrote in message
Jessica Hsieh <jessica.hsieh@nokia.com> wrote:
I am making an SOCK_RAW connection to an Linux system and all the data
that
goes through this connections needs to be encapsulated using Genereic
Routing Encapsulation (GRE). On Linux system, GRE can be support by
using
IPPROTO_GRE when doing

socket(sock, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_GRE);

does anyone know if it's support by QNX system as well??

Yes it is supported.

-xtang

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”