C++ debugging with new IDE

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
comma

C++ debugging with new IDE

Post by comma » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:45 pm

Hello,
I have a problem when debugging my program written using C++.
1) When entering a class member function, the 'this' pointeur is given in
variable windows with the value ????, so there is possibilty to display the
value of the data members.
2) When watching a class object I can see the data members of the data of
this object but only for the last (or current ?) level of inheritance.
I was using before SingleStep debugger with an other RTOS without such
problems.
The result is that debugging C++ program is very very difficult
May be I'm doing a mistake, I hope so !
I'm Using QNX Momentics V6.2a
Thanks you for your help.
AR

Qnx

Re: C++ debugging with new IDE

Post by Qnx » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:26 pm

It appears to be a bug in the 6.20a patch.
6.2 works fine

-mp

"comma" <a.ronce.no.spam@commassoc.com> wrote in message
Hello,
I have a problem when debugging my program written using C++.
1) When entering a class member function, the 'this' pointeur is given in
variable windows with the value ????, so there is possibilty to display
the
value of the data members.
2) When watching a class object I can see the data members of the data of
this object but only for the last (or current ?) level of inheritance.
I was using before SingleStep debugger with an other RTOS without such
problems.
The result is that debugging C++ program is very very difficult
May be I'm doing a mistake, I hope so !
I'm Using QNX Momentics V6.2a
Thanks you for your help.
AR

Jim Douglas

Re: C++ debugging with new IDE

Post by Jim Douglas » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:21 am

No it's not. It's been like this from day one. Colin Burgess has some
insight into why this is happening.
Jim

[...]

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”