Post Reply
GL

databases API for QNX

Post by GL » Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:51 pm

Morning, my third day on the QNX world I'm starting from the next question:
does somebody know some good databases APIs for QNX? Perhaps, somebody can
give me again some general direction where to seek for.

Thank you in adavance,

George Lozovoi

Robert Rutherford

Re: databases API for QNX

Post by Robert Rutherford » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:49 am

Depends what you mean by "APIs"... and what you're trying to do...

Postgres is on the 3rd party CD if you want access to a traditional
SQL-style relational database. Postgres includes C, C++, and embedded SQL
APIs (among others like perl). I think MySQL is there somewhere too.

If you want something lower-level have a look at the BerkelyDB or GNU
Database libraries (also on the 3rd party CD).

Or there are commercial products like Empress, Faircom,
Vista/Raima/Centura/Birdstep.

Rob Rutherford

"GL" <george@datagistics.com> wrote in message
Morning, my third day on the QNX world I'm starting from the next
question:
does somebody know some good databases APIs for QNX? Perhaps, somebody can
give me again some general direction where to seek for.

Thank you in adavance,

George Lozovoi

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”