Post Reply
GL

how to unpack and install qnxpub100.iso

Post by GL » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:00 pm

Hi, everybody.
I downloaded qnxpub100.iso file on to my qnx system (thanks to Rob
Rutherford for information). However, now I have no idea what to do with the
file.
How can I unpack and install all the stuff from the file?
Sorry for a stupid question - it's my second day in the QNX world.

GL

Paul Vander Byl

Re: how to unpack and install qnxpub100.iso

Post by Paul Vander Byl » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:53 pm

An iso file is an image file to be burned on to a CD. I don't think you can
'unpack' an ISO. You'll need to put it on the CD and use the package
installer.

"GL" <george@datagistics.com> wrote in message
Hi, everybody.
I downloaded qnxpub100.iso file on to my qnx system (thanks to Rob
Rutherford for information). However, now I have no idea what to do with
the
file.
How can I unpack and install all the stuff from the file?
Sorry for a stupid question - it's my second day in the QNX world.

GL

GL

Re: how to unpack and install qnxpub100.iso

Post by GL » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:15 pm

OK, thank you, Paul.

David Bacon

Re: how to unpack and install qnxpub100.iso

Post by David Bacon » Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:36 pm

You should be able to "mount" the ISO image under QNX and look at its
constituent files without having to burn a physical CD:

mount -t cd yourfile.iso /mountpoint

You should then see a filesystem hierarchy under /mountpoint. If it
contains a subdirectory called "repository", you're in luck - you should be
able to point the package installer at /mountpoint and carry on from there.

dB

"GL" <george@datagistics.com> wrote in message
OK, thank you, Paul.

Post Reply