Debug libc (cpp too) available?

bridged with qdn.public.devtools
Post Reply
Lonnie VanZandt

Debug libc (cpp too) available?

Post by Lonnie VanZandt » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:47 pm

I have several apps that are SIGSEGVing somewhere in libc/cpp when they
apparently attempt to load a particular shared library (or perhaps it is
simply that the number of loaded libraries is relevant). To educate myself
what might be wrong and to fix the problem, a debug version of libc/cpp
would be helpful. I don't see such a variant in the usual places. Can I
request a version and hope to receive it?

Lonnie.

Lonnie VanZandt

Re: Debug libc (cpp too) available?

Post by Lonnie VanZandt » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:20 pm

Is there a limit on the number of shared libraries that an application can
load? Or a restriction aqainst shared libraries loading shared libraries? My
belief is "no". But I've never pushed my luck. Perhaps I am now...

"Lonnie VanZandt" <lvanzandt@qnx.com> wrote in message
I have several apps that are SIGSEGVing somewhere in libc/cpp when they
apparently attempt to load a particular shared library (or perhaps it is
simply that the number of loaded libraries is relevant). To educate myself
what might be wrong and to fix the problem, a debug version of libc/cpp
would be helpful. I don't see such a variant in the usual places. Can I
request a version and hope to receive it?

Lonnie.

Lonnie VanZandt

Re: Debug libc (cpp too) available?

Post by Lonnie VanZandt » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:37 pm

Forgive me, the error is in the QNX library loader, ldqnx.so. While this
makes more sense, it doesn't help me much...

I have several apps that are SIGSEGVing somewhere in libc/cpp when they
apparently attempt to load a particular shared library (or perhaps it is
simply that the number of loaded libraries is relevant). To educate myself
what might be wrong and to fix the problem, a debug version of libc/cpp
would be helpful. I don't see such a variant in the usual places. Can I
request a version and hope to receive it?

Lonnie.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.devtools”