Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

bridged with qdn.public.installation
Post Reply
Ling Shen

Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Post by Ling Shen » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:44 pm

Hi, there,

1) QNX 6.2.1 PE cannot recognize my Broadcom NetXtreme BCM570x Gigabit
Ethernet NIC. It offers drivers for windows and linux, but no QNX. I
only need an ethernet, even in 10M mode. What can I do?

2) QNX cannot recognize my video card either, so I chose "vesa" card. It
works. But the scan rate can only be set to 60Hz. Is there any way to
set it to 85Hz or more?

Thanks in advance.

Software CD for
the BCM570x-based servers and adapters.
RELEASE 5.5.13

Michael Van Reenen

Re: Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Post by Michael Van Reenen » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:18 pm

Ling Shen <ling@ece.concordia.ca> wrote:
Hi, there,

1) QNX 6.2.1 PE cannot recognize my Broadcom NetXtreme BCM570x Gigabit
Ethernet NIC. It offers drivers for windows and linux, but no QNX. I
only need an ethernet, even in 10M mode. What can I do?
Someone else will need to comment on this.

2) QNX cannot recognize my video card either, so I chose "vesa" card. It
works. But the scan rate can only be set to 60Hz. Is there any way to
set it to 85Hz or more?
What type of video card is in your system? Can you post the output of
'pci -v' so we can see the type of adapter in your system?
Thanks

Thanks in advance.

Software CD for
the BCM570x-based servers and adapters.
RELEASE 5.5.13

Xiaodan Tang

Post by Xiaodan Tang » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:44 pm

Ling Shen <ling@ece.concordia.ca> wrote in message
Hi, there,

1) QNX 6.2.1 PE cannot recognize my Broadcom NetXtreme BCM570x Gigabit
Ethernet NIC. It offers drivers for windows and linux, but no QNX. I
only need an ethernet, even in 10M mode. What can I do?
There is a devn-tigon3.so for bcm570x, I think it is in the BSP for 5960.
Try to contact
whoever got you the BSP.

-xtang

Ling Shen

Re: Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Post by Ling Shen » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:30 pm

Hi,

I am using an IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6219, P4, 2.4G Desktop PC with
QNX 6.2.1 PE (Momentics). I want to use it as both develop and target
platform.

I put the related blocks from the 'pci -v' about my video card and NIC

Class = Display (VGA)
Vendor ID = 10deh, Nvidia Corporation
Device ID = 18ah, Unknown Unknown
PCI index = 0h
Class Codes = 030000h
Revision ID = a2h
Bus number = 1
Device number = 0
Function num = 0
Status Reg = 2b0h
Command Reg = 6h
Header type = 0h Single-function
BIST = 0h Build-in-self-test not supported
Latency Timer = 20h
Cache Line Size= 0h
PCI Mem Address = f6000000h 32bit length 16777216 enabled
PCI Mem Address = f0000000h prefetchable 32bit length 67108864 enabled
Subsystem Vendor ID = 10deh
Subsystem ID = 168h
PCI Expansion ROM = f5fe0000h length 131072 disabled
Max Lat = 1ns
Min Gnt = 5ns
PCI Int Pin = INT A
Interrupt line = 9
Capabilities Pointer = 60h
Capability ID = 1h
Capabilities = 2h - 0h
Capability ID = 2h
Capabilities = 30h - 1f000e1bh

Class = Network (Ethernet)
Vendor ID = 14e4h, Broadcom Corporation
Device ID = 16a6h, BCM5702X Gigabit Ethernet
PCI index = 0h
Class Codes = 020000h
Revision ID = 2h
Bus number = 2
Device number = 3
Function num = 0
Status Reg = 2b0h
Command Reg = 146h
Header type = 0h Single-function
BIST = 0h Build-in-self-test not supported
Latency Timer = 20h
Cache Line Size= 8h un-cacheable
PCI Mem Address = f7ef0000h 64bit length 65536 enabled
Subsystem Vendor ID = 1014h
Subsystem ID = 27bh
Max Lat = 0ns
Min Gnt = 64ns
PCI Int Pin = INT A
Interrupt line = 10
Capabilities Pointer = 40h
Capability ID = 7h
Capabilities = 2h - 443fff9h
Capability ID = 1h
Capabilities = c002h - 64002100h
Capability ID = 3h
Capabilities = 20h - 40820421h
Capability ID = 5h
Capabilities = 86h - 0h

BTW, Xiaodan talked about the devn-tigon3.so. Where can I get it?

Thanks a lot.

Ling

Ling Shen

Re: Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Post by Ling Shen » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:12 pm

Hi, Any suggections about my questions?

Ling Shen wrote:
[...]

Post by Michael Van Reenen » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:13 pm

Unfortunately we do not have a driver for your video card, so
you will have to use one of the generic drivers.

[...]

Post by Ling Shen » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:49 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the reply about my video card.

Is there any answers to my network card? I can not even use it as 100M
card, the system can not recognize it.

Ling Shen wrote:
[...]

Hugh Brown

Re: Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Unfortunately the Broadcom ethernet chip is also not supported.

Ling Shen wrote:
[...]

Johannes

Re: Cannot use the Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Post by Johannes » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:54 am

Is there any plan of supporting it ?

Ling Shen wrote:
[...]

Post by Hugh Brown » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:07 pm

Not as far as I know. If this is a requirement, then you should speak to
your sales rep.

Ling Shen wrote:
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.installation”