QNX with SiS 603e Chipset

bridged with qdn.public.installation
Post Reply
Jan Rüdiger

QNX with SiS 603e Chipset

Post by Jan Rüdiger » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:25 pm

Hi

We have an embede Board with an SiS603 Chipset here. We two Problems
with Chipset together with QNX:

a) The GUI only runs in SVGA @60Hz ... minor problem since we actually
don't use the GUI

b) The Networkcard is only detected with a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00:00
which is a bigger problem, because our new Switch rejects this MAC
address. Also the NC is only detected with Half-Duplux 10MBit

<snip>
en1: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
media: Ethernet 10baseT half-duplex
status: active
</snip>

The Hardware runs fine under Linux (Knoppix). Is there anyone who can
help us?

thanks allot

jan rüdiger

Jan Rüdiger

Re: QNX with SiS 630 Chipset

Post by Jan Rüdiger » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:32 pm

Hi

Sorry it is a SiS630ET Chipset.

jan

Hugh Brown

Re: QNX with SiS 603e Chipset

Post by Hugh Brown » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:02 pm

There is an updated driver for this chipset, but in the mean time you can
specify the 'mac=xxxxxxxxxxxx' on the command line to the driver.

"Jan Rüdiger" <ruediger@uni-mannheim.de> wrote in message
Hi

We have an embede Board with an SiS603 Chipset here. We two Problems
with Chipset together with QNX:

a) The GUI only runs in SVGA @60Hz ... minor problem since we actually
don't use the GUI

b) The Networkcard is only detected with a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00:00
which is a bigger problem, because our new Switch rejects this MAC
address. Also the NC is only detected with Half-Duplux 10MBit

snip
en1: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
media: Ethernet 10baseT half-duplex
status: active
/snip

The Hardware runs fine under Linux (Knoppix). Is there anyone who can
help us?

thanks allot

jan rüdiger

Michael Van Reenen

Re: QNX with SiS 603e Chipset

Post by Michael Van Reenen » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:21 pm

In the next release of the OS there will be a graphics
driver for the SiS630. However, we do not have an SiS630ET
system here so I cannot guarantee the driver will be compatible.

Jan R?diger <ruediger@uni-mannheim.de> wrote:
[...]

Post by Jan Rüdiger » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:33 am

Hi

Hugh Brown wrote:
There is an updated driver for this chipset, but in the mean time you can
specify the 'mac=xxxxxxxxxxxx' on the command line to the driver.
Thanks for your answer, but how do i add command lines to the driver. I
looked into /etc/system/enum/devices
but couldn't finde the part where the nic is configured. Also there is
noc resMgr running for my nics

thanks

jan rüdiger

Hugh Brown

Re: QNX with SiS 603e Chipset

Post by Hugh Brown » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:48 pm

You can either do this on the command line, or in your rc.local file.

slay io-net
io-net -dsis9 mac=xxxxxxxxxxxx -ptcpip
ifconfig en0 xx.xx.xx.xx
or
dhcp.client

"Jan Rüdiger" <ruediger@uni-mannheim.de> wrote in message
Hi

Hugh Brown wrote:
There is an updated driver for this chipset, but in the mean time you
can
specify the 'mac=xxxxxxxxxxxx' on the command line to the driver.

Thanks for your answer, but how do i add command lines to the driver. I
looked into /etc/system/enum/devices
but couldn't finde the part where the nic is configured. Also there is
noc resMgr running for my nics

thanks

jan rüdiger

Post Reply