alternate provider of NIC and QNX boot proms

bridged with qdn.public.installation
Post Reply
Curtis Alexander

alternate provider of NIC and QNX boot proms

Post by Curtis Alexander » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:33 pm

I am having a terrible time getting RELIABLE nic's with a QNX boot prom. We
use them for diskless QNX stations. Does anyone know of an alternate
provider? Looking for PCI cards.

Thanks,
Curt

Bill Caroselli

Re: alternate provider of NIC and QNX boot proms

Post by Bill Caroselli » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:15 pm

Curtis Alexander <clalexander@lionofjudahsystems.com> wrote:
CA > I am having a terrible time getting RELIABLE nic's with a QNX boot prom. We
CA > use them for diskless QNX stations. Does anyone know of an alternate
CA > provider? Looking for PCI cards.

CA > Thanks,
CA > Curt

Try Corman Technologies.
www.cormantech.com

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number

Mario Charest

Post by Mario Charest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:41 pm

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Curtis Alexander <clalexander@lionofjudahsystems.com> wrote:
CA > I am having a terrible time getting RELIABLE nic's with a QNX boot
prom. We
CA > use them for diskless QNX stations. Does anyone know of an alternate
CA > provider? Looking for PCI cards.
Also look for card with BOOTP rom card, that will widen you alternative.
CA > Thanks,
CA > Curt

Try Corman Technologies.
www.cormantech.com

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number
qtps@earthlink.net

Curtis Alexander

Re: alternate provider of NIC and QNX boot proms

Post by Curtis Alexander » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:50 am

I'm using Corman cards now...do you know of any other vendors? We seem to
get 'batches' of bad cards with some frequency. Specifically 10BT ISA cards,
the 10/100 PCI cards are better but we're looking for an alternative to
Corman (just to keep our options open at this point)

Curtis Alexander <clalexander@lionofjudahsystems.com> wrote:
CA > I am having a terrible time getting RELIABLE nic's with a QNX boot
prom. We
CA > use them for diskless QNX stations. Does anyone know of an alternate
CA > provider? Looking for PCI cards.

CA > Thanks,
CA > Curt

Try Corman Technologies.