Post Reply
WLWT

Driver/Hardware Support

Post by WLWT » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:31 pm

We have customer that looks as though he will be purchasing Industrial pc's
which he will be installing QNX on. Do you know of any RAID mirroring card
that is supported by QNX? Also we would like Netboot (Any info will be
really appreciated)
Cheers!

Igor Kovalenko

Re: Driver/Hardware Support

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:31 am

None of RAID cards are supported. Intel PXE boot won't work because of some
incompatibilities. Netboot/etherboot can be made to work.

"WLWT" <wwoods@arcom.com> wrote in message news:bjskgt$adv$1@inn.qnx.com...
We have customer that looks as though he will be purchasing Industrial
pc's
which he will be installing QNX on. Do you know of any RAID mirroring card
that is supported by QNX? Also we would like Netboot (Any info will be
really appreciated)
Cheers!

Adam Mallory

Re: Driver/Hardware Support

Post by Adam Mallory » Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:33 am

Igor Kovalenko <kovalenko@attbi.com> wrote in message
None of RAID cards are supported. Intel PXE boot won't work because of
some
incompatibilities. Netboot/etherboot can be made to work.
PXE works - I've seen it done here; perhaps I'll poke those involved to post
if it required 'special ops'

-Adam

Jiøí Kristek

Re: Driver/Hardware Support

Post by Jiøí Kristek » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:38 pm

We use IDE RAID 1 drive SR2000, www.raidon.com.tw

None of RAID cards are supported. Intel PXE boot won't work because of
some
incompatibilities. Netboot/etherboot can be made to work.

PXE works - I've seen it done here; perhaps I'll poke those involved to
post
if it required 'special ops'

-Adam

WLWT

Re: Driver/Hardware Support

Post by WLWT » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:45 pm

Did you have to do something special to get this to work? Are you using QNX
6.2?

- thanks

None of RAID cards are supported. Intel PXE boot won't work because of
some
incompatibilities. Netboot/etherboot can be made to work.

PXE works - I've seen it done here; perhaps I'll poke those involved to
post
if it required 'special ops'

-Adam

Jiøí Kristek

Re: Driver/Hardware Support

Post by Jiøí Kristek » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:21 am

It is OS independent, we use QNX 6.2 with it, field approved - over 100
instalations.

None of RAID cards are supported. Intel PXE boot won't work because
of
some
incompatibilities. Netboot/etherboot can be made to work.

PXE works - I've seen it done here; perhaps I'll poke those involved
post
if it required 'special ops'

-Adam

Post Reply