QNX in Virtual PC 5 Network MSLoopback

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.x86
Post Reply
Nilux

QNX in Virtual PC 5 Network MSLoopback

Post by Nilux » Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:00 am

hi all, I installed QNX RTOS 6.0 in virtual PC and it is working fine. Now,
I want to share my windows 2k host file with QNX. According to Virtual PC
help i installed MSLoopback adapter on my w2k host that was detected as
intel ethenet on QNX. But, now how to access host files in QNX?
On w2k I can not find QNX machine as it might not in the same workgroup, but
how to setup workgroup in QNX?
I want to share files between the two and also try to setup proxy on w2k
host for mail and http so Vmail connect using that mail proxy?
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Nilux

--
#include<NoOneLivesForever>

Oleksandr Brovko

Re: QNX in Virtual PC 5 Network MSLoopback

Post by Oleksandr Brovko » Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:29 pm

Hi,
You can access your w2k shared resources from QNX by mouning them:

fs-cifs //host:18.0.0.14:/HDD /mnt/hdd user passwd
where:
- host - Windows computer name
- 18.0.0.14 - IP address;
- HDD - Windows NetBEUI- resource name
- /mnt/hdd - mount point
- user passwd - user name and password (windows user, who has access to
resource /HDD).

To access QNX files from w2k you might need install samba server(on QNX).

Oleksandr Brovko
Software Engineer

www.ddlabs.net
"Nilux" <nilux@bonbon.net> wrote in message news:an86t1$c9m$1@inn.qnx.com...
hi all, I installed QNX RTOS 6.0 in virtual PC and it is working fine.
Now,
I want to share my windows 2k host file with QNX. According to Virtual PC
help i installed MSLoopback adapter on my w2k host that was detected as
intel ethenet on QNX. But, now how to access host files in QNX?
On w2k I can not find QNX machine as it might not in the same workgroup,
but
how to setup workgroup in QNX?
I want to share files between the two and also try to setup proxy on w2k
host for mail and http so Vmail connect using that mail proxy?
Any Ideas?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.x86”