RPX Lite docs

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.powerpc
Post Reply
Rick Duff

RPX Lite docs

Post by Rick Duff » Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:00 pm

I notice that the ipl-rpx-lite and the startup-rpx-lite are included in
the ppc support in PE, but there is no docs on any of it - I would
actually love to have had the bsp included in the ppc bsp's.

In particular, I would like to find the secret to get this to boot out
of flash. I have installed both the ipl and boot image in flash (I
think) but am not sure of the next step.

Hints would be appreciated. :-)

Rick..
--
Rick Duff Internet: rick@astranetwork.com
Astra Network QUICS: rgduff

Dmitri Poustovalov

Re: RPX Lite docs

Post by Dmitri Poustovalov » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:13 am

Since you were able to tftp a QNX load on target, I guess you can see
BootLoader prompt. Embedded Planet BL has a very nice 'Autoboot' feature. If
'Autoboot' is set then BL jumps at 'Start' address.

Type 'set'. You'll see a bunch of settings, do:
Start=<your_ipl_phys_address>
Autoboot=Confirm
store
reset
In a few seconds QNX prompt should pop up. If the card resets then 'Start'
address is wrong or ipl is not binary but s-records ;)

If my memory doesn't fail me, ipl code starts at offset 0x100 in the image
(never had time to figure out why). E.g. if the image is deployed at 1M
offset then Start=ff100100.

Cheers,
Dmitri

Post by Rick Duff » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:19 pm

Dmitri Poustovalov wrote:
Since you were able to tftp a QNX load on target, I guess you can see
BootLoader prompt. Embedded Planet BL has a very nice 'Autoboot' feature. If
'Autoboot' is set then BL jumps at 'Start' address.

Type 'set'. You'll see a bunch of settings, do:
Start=<your_ipl_phys_address
Autoboot=Confirm
store
reset
In a few seconds QNX prompt should pop up. If the card resets then 'Start'
address is wrong or ipl is not binary but s-records ;)

If my memory doesn't fail me, ipl code starts at offset 0x100 in the image
(never had time to figure out why). E.g. if the image is deployed at 1M
offset then Start=ff100100.
OK, I have loaded into flash the ipl-rpx-lite at ff08 0000 and the boot
image at ff08 1000. From the boot loader I can confirm that the images
appear to be correctly loaded into flash. ie.
du ff08000 200
shows 256 bytes of 0's followed by some binary data. Using your example
and what I had tried before, I then did:
g ff080100
which responded with:
Returned from user code with result -98557088

It was my understanding that the ipl would scan for the boot image and
do it's thing?

Rick "more hints are required" Duff..
--
Rick Duff Internet: rick@astranetwork.com
Astra Network QUICS: rgduff
QNX Consulting and Custom Programming URL:
http://www.astranetwork.com
+1 (204) 987-7475 Fax: +1 (204) 987-7479

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.powerpc”