Any experience w/Galileo EV-64260 BSP

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.powerpc
Post Reply
Mike Hill

Any experience w/Galileo EV-64260 BSP

Post by Mike Hill » Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:39 pm

Does anyone have experience using the QNX BSP for the Galileo EV-64260 eval
board? Our company is currently considering using QNX in an upcoming
project and I'd like to know how much hardware on the eval board is
supported by the BSP.

Thanks,
Mike

John Wall

Re: Any experience w/Galileo EV-64260 BSP

Post by John Wall » Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:19 pm

Mike Hill <mhill@bustech.com> wrote:
: Does anyone have experience using the QNX BSP for the Galileo EV-64260 eval
: board? Our company is currently considering using QNX in an upcoming
: project and I'd like to know how much hardware on the eval board is
: supported by the BSP.

: Thanks,
: Mike

This list isn't exhaustive ... just things I remember of the
top of my head:

SMP 7450 (other processors as well).
Integrated Ethernet
Intergrated serial
PCI

I'm not sure there is a whole lot else; let us know if there is
anything in particular you're looking for.

--
John

Mike Hill

Re: Any experience w/Galileo EV-64260 BSP

Post by Mike Hill » Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:17 pm

In particular, I want to know if the BSP supports the following:

1) Both PCI Busses on the GT-64260
2) All three GT-64260 10/100 Ethernet ports
3) I2C master interface
4) SDRAM DIMM EEPROM config (That is to say, does the BSP code go out and
read the SDRAM eeprom and configure the GT-64260 and SDRAM according to what
is found in the eeprom?)
5) L2 Cache on the processor module

Thanks for the info...
Mike

"John Wall" <jwall@qnx.com> wrote in message
Mike Hill <mhill@bustech.com> wrote:
: Does anyone have experience using the QNX BSP for the Galileo EV-64260
eval
: board? Our company is currently considering using QNX in an upcoming
: project and I'd like to know how much hardware on the eval board is
: supported by the BSP.

: Thanks,
: Mike

This list isn't exhaustive ... just things I remember of the
top of my head:

SMP 7450 (other processors as well).
Integrated Ethernet
Intergrated serial
PCI

I'm not sure there is a whole lot else; let us know if there is
anything in particular you're looking for.

--
John

Dave Green

Post by Dave Green » Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:57 pm

Mike Hill <mhill@bustech.com> wrote:
In particular, I want to know if the BSP supports the following:

1) Both PCI Busses on the GT-64260
Yes, although we are currently trying to resolve some cache coherency issues from PCI.
2) All three GT-64260 10/100 Ethernet ports
Yes.
3) I2C master interface
No.
4) SDRAM DIMM EEPROM config (That is to say, does the BSP code go out and
read the SDRAM eeprom and configure the GT-64260 and SDRAM according to what
is found in the eeprom?)
No, but the IPL autodetects DRAM, and programs the GT-64260 accordingly.
[...]

---

Dave Green (dgreen@qnx.com)

QNX Software Systems Ltd.
http://www.qnx.com

John Wall

Re: Any experience w/Galileo EV-64260 BSP

Post by John Wall » Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:19 pm

Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:

: I have the BSP here, and it doesn't seem to have any reference to
: the Galileo, only the Sandpoint?

The Galileo BSP has not been released yet (the hardware is quite
new).

If you require this BSP ASAP, you probably need to get in
touch with your sales contact.

--
John

Post by John Wall » Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:20 pm

Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:
: On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:38:21 GMT, Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:
: Silly me, of course the BSP here refers to the Galileo BSP from Marvell,
: not the BSP from QNX, right?

No ... we (QSSL) have produced the BSP. It has not made it into
a release yet.

--
John

Alex Cellarius

Post by Alex Cellarius » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:40 pm

On 25 Feb 2002 21:20:54 GMT, John Wall <jwall@qnx.com> wrote:
Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:
: On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:38:21 GMT, Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:
: Silly me, of course the BSP here refers to the Galileo BSP from Marvell,
: not the BSP from QNX, right?

No ... we (QSSL) have produced the BSP. It has not made it into
a release yet.

--
John
John-May I email you about this?

Post by John Wall » Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:08 pm

Alex Cellarius <acellarius@yahoo.com> wrote:
: On 25 Feb 2002 21:20:54 GMT, John Wall <jwall@qnx.com> wrote:
:> Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:
:> : On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:38:21 GMT, Alex Cellarius <acellarius@systems104-don't-you-spam-me!.co.za> wrote:
:> : Silly me, of course the BSP here refers to the Galileo BSP from Marvell,
:> : not the BSP from QNX, right?
:>
:> No ... we (QSSL) have produced the BSP. It has not made it into
:> a release yet.
:>
:> --
:> John