QNX on Sandpoint platform (MPC824x)

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.powerpc
Post Reply
Alex Ivchenko

QNX on Sandpoint platform (MPC824x)

Post by Alex Ivchenko » Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:09 am

Guys,

I'd like to try QNX v.6.1 on Motorola Sandpoint platform (MPC824x).
According to specs it is supported

Could you please point me where to start from to prepare OS image, drivers, etc.?
some kind of manual or doc...

--
Regards,
Alex

Chris McKillop

Re: QNX on Sandpoint platform (MPC824x)

Post by Chris McKillop » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:42 am

Alex Ivchenko <aivchenko@ueidaq.com> wrote:
Guys,

I'd like to try QNX v.6.1 on Motorola Sandpoint platform (MPC824x).
According to specs it is supported

Could you please point me where to start from to prepare OS image, drivers, etc.
?
some kind of manual or doc...
I belive that most of the docs for this specific purpose are found in the
commerical "PowerPC embedding kit". You can contact your sales rep for
details on getting access to it.

Mike Toreno

Re: QNX on Sandpoint platform (MPC824x)

Post by Mike Toreno » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:20 pm

I have been working with QNX support for some time now about the 8245 and
getting it to compile on my Sandpoint system. The BSP was set up for the
8240 and support had to supply alternate files so I could rebuild my QNX IPL
to support the 8245. After doing that life was good and we could both
download an image to the Sandpoint system and boot the image directly on
power up.

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message
Alex Ivchenko <aivchenko@ueidaq.com> wrote:

Guys,

I'd like to try QNX v.6.1 on Motorola Sandpoint platform (MPC824x).
According to specs it is supported

Could you please point me where to start from to prepare OS image,
drivers, etc.
?
some kind of manual or doc...

I belive that most of the docs for this specific purpose are found in the
commerical "PowerPC embedding kit". You can contact your sales rep for
details on getting access to it.

Alex Ivchenko

Re: QNX on Sandpoint platform (MPC824x)

Post by Alex Ivchenko » Thu Feb 21, 2002 7:09 pm

Mike,

is it a big difference between 8240 and 8245?
Who had you contacted at QNX support?

--A

Mike Toreno wrote:
[...]

Post by Mike Toreno » Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:35 pm

Alex,

We have a tech support account so I was talking with them, in addition or
local The 8245 is more advance than the 8240. I have been told that the 8245
is pin for pin compatible with the earlier 8240.

For the exact differences see the following spec sheets at the motorola
site:
http://e-www.motorola.com/brdata/PDFDB/ ... 40FACT.pdf
http://e-www.motorola.com/brdata/PDFDB/ ... 45FACT.pdf
Mike

[...]