Post Reply
gpublic

QNX RtP 6 on Power Mac?

Post by gpublic » Tue Dec 11, 2001 10:52 pm

Hmm... First post?

Anyway, what is the status of QNX RtP for Mac hardware? I had heard at one
point QNX RtP 6.0 was booting iMac hardware, and since Mac hardware is more
similar to each other than ever, I have to imagine that if it boots on an
iMac it'll boot on a B&W Power Mac G3 et al.

So my question is, does this officially exist? Will it ever be released?

For some things we want to do, Mac OS X is a little but bloated and
overkill.

Chris Turkel

Re: QNX RtP 6 on Power Mac?

Post by Chris Turkel » Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:04 pm

I, for one, would LOVE to run QNX on my G4 :)

gpublic wrote:
Subject: QNX RtP 6 on Power Mac?
From: "gpublic" <gpublic@mac.com
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:52:09 -0600

Hmm... First post?

Anyway, what is the status of QNX RtP for Mac hardware? I had heard at one
point QNX RtP 6.0 was booting iMac hardware, and since Mac hardware is more
similar to each other than ever, I have to imagine that if it boots on an
iMac it'll boot on a B&W Power Mac G3 et al.

So my question is, does this officially exist? Will it ever be released?

For some things we want to do, Mac OS X is a little but bloated and
overkill.

klint

Re: QNX RtP 6 on Power Mac?

Post by klint » Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:13 pm

I'd love to run QNX on my PowerPC G4 Dual CPU ... I only success install QNX
in Virtual PC 5 under OSX ... It works fine except the video witch is
awfully lazy ...

Any information on such experiments are welcome ;-)

KlinT

Le 11/12/2001 23:52, dans 9v62mb$i77$1@inn.qnx.com, « gpublic »
<gpublic@mac.com> a écrit :
Hmm... First post?

Anyway, what is the status of QNX RtP for Mac hardware? I had heard at one
point QNX RtP 6.0 was booting iMac hardware, and since Mac hardware is more
similar to each other than ever, I have to imagine that if it boots on an
iMac it'll boot on a B&W Power Mac G3 et al.

So my question is, does this officially exist? Will it ever be released?

For some things we want to do, Mac OS X is a little but bloated and
overkill.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.powerpc”