New QNX Cookbook available for pre-order!

bridged with qdn.cafe
Post Reply
Robert Krten

New QNX Cookbook available for pre-order!

Post by Robert Krten » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:55 pm

My new book, "The QNX Cookbook -- Recipes for Programmers" is now
available for pre-order. You save 25% off the list price, or get
free shipping.

Details at:

http://www.parse.com/products/books/book_v2/index.html

Also, check out the glowing review at:

http://www.qnxzone.com/readmore.php?news_id=318

The book should be shipping by the end of November.

Cheers,
-RK

[spammed to comp.os.qnx, qdn.cafe, qdn.public.news, and qdn.public.qnxrtp.os]

--
[If replying via email, you'll need to click on the URL that's emailed to you
afterwards to forward the email to me -- spam filters and all that]

Miguel Simon

Re: New QNX Cookbook available for pre-order!

Post by Miguel Simon » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:29 pm

Hi RK...

I wonder, are you going to write a similar series of books for FreeBSD?
Also, from comments to the review in qnxzone, am I to understand that
you are including a CD with the book? Thanks...

Regards...

Miguel.

Post by Robert Krten » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:46 pm

Miguel Simon <simon@ou.edu> wrote:
Hi RK...

I wonder, are you going to write a similar series of books for FreeBSD?
Also, from comments to the review in qnxzone, am I to understand that
you are including a CD with the book? Thanks...
No and Yes. :-)

I think the market is prolly flooded for freeBSD/Linux/Oracle/Windoze/Sendmail :-)

Cheers,
-RK
Regards...

Miguel.
Robert Krten wrote:
My new book, "The QNX Cookbook -- Recipes for Programmers" is now
available for pre-order. You save 25% off the list price, or get
free shipping.

Details at:

http://www.parse.com/products/books/book_v2/index.html

Also, check out the glowing review at:

http://www.qnxzone.com/readmore.php?news_id=318

The book should be shipping by the end of November.

Cheers,
-RK

[spammed to comp.os.qnx, qdn.cafe, qdn.public.news, and qdn.public.qnxrtp.os]
--
[If replying via email, you'll need to click on the URL that's emailed to you
afterwards to forward the email to me -- spam filters and all that]
Robert Krten, PDP minicomputer collector http://www.parse.com/~pdp8/

John Nagle

Re: New QNX Cookbook available for pre-order!

Post by John Nagle » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:10 am

Where's the "Buy" button?

This is the Internet. You have to have online ordering.

John Nagle

Robert Krten wrote:
My new book, "The QNX Cookbook -- Recipes for Programmers" is now
available for pre-order. You save 25% off the list price, or get
free shipping.

Details at:

http://www.parse.com/products/books/book_v2/index.html

Also, check out the glowing review at:

http://www.qnxzone.com/readmore.php?news_id=318

The book should be shipping by the end of November.

Cheers,
-RK

[spammed to comp.os.qnx, qdn.cafe, qdn.public.news, and qdn.public.qnxrtp.os]

Steve Reid

Post by Steve Reid » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:23 pm

John Nagle <nagle@downside.com> wrote:
: Where's the "Buy" button?

: This is the Internet. You have to have online ordering.

Be careful of what you ask for -- Rob might start spamming you if you want
the full Internet experience ("John: Impress the Ladies ! Get a smaller
OS image!").

:-)

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)
QNX Software Systems

Igor Kovalenko

Re: New QNX Cookbook available for pre-order!

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:41 am

Steve, impress the ladies! Correct the piece of 'writing your resource
manager' where it suggests struct dirent has [NAME_MAX+1] bytes allocated
for d_name... It appears to only have 1 byte and it appears to be
responsibility of the resmgr to pad it...

"Steve Reid" <stever@qnx.com> wrote in message
John Nagle <nagle@downside.com> wrote:
: Where's the "Buy" button?

: This is the Internet. You have to have online ordering.

Be careful of what you ask for -- Rob might start spamming you if you want
the full Internet experience ("John: Impress the Ladies ! Get a smaller
OS image!").

:-)

Steve Reid stever@qnx.com
TechPubs (Technical Publications)