search the newsgroups...

bridged with qdn.cafe
Post Reply
Miguel Simon

search the newsgroups...

Post by Miguel Simon » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:51 pm

Hi...

I wonder, how can I search the qnx newsgroups? where do I go?

Thanks.

Regards...

Miguel.

Bill Caroselli

Re: search the newsgroups...

Post by Bill Caroselli » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:13 pm

Miguel Simon <simon@ou.edu> wrote:
MS > Hi...

MS > I wonder, how can I search the qnx newsgroups? where do I go?

MS > Thanks.

MS > Regards...

MS > Miguel.

This is more a function of what news reader you are using.

I use both tin and Outlook-Express. Both have search capabilities.
Both are very slow.

I also keep a local archive of the QNX newsgroups. If I want to
search for something across many/all newsgroups I have a shell script
that searches my local archive.

Robert Krten has a utility that can download the newsgroup to a local
archive (see www.parse.com). I can give you my tin_search script if
you like.

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(626) 824-7983

Kevin Stallard

Re: search the newsgroups...

Post by Kevin Stallard » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:03 am

It's too bad Google doesn't archive them anymore, that was very nice to be
able to use their search engine on these newsgroups.

Kevin

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qdn.cafe”