Final OQUG meeting Thursday May 1st

bridged with qdn.cafe
Johan Björk

Re: Final OQUG meeting Thursday May 1st

Post by Johan Björk » Sun May 04, 2003 11:17 am

Robert Krten wrote:
Just a reminder that the final Ottawa QNX Users Group meeting will
take place tomorrow, Thursday May the 1st, at 6pm at Colonnade
Pizza on Hazeldean Road.

Directions etc are available at:

http://www.parse.com/oqug/

Cheers,
-RK

Reading this thread, and I still don't get one part.
Why quit the meetings?
I mean, you do it to have fun and drink beer right?
QSS became rude and stole your beer? ;)

/Johan Björk - Who wishes he would have been able to attend to one of
the gatherings

Ian Zagorskih

Post by Ian Zagorskih » Sun May 04, 2003 11:57 am

"Johan Björk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
Robert Krten wrote:
Just a reminder that the final Ottawa QNX Users Group meeting will
take place tomorrow, Thursday May the 1st, at 6pm at Colonnade
Pizza on Hazeldean Road.

Directions etc are available at:

http://www.parse.com/oqug/

Cheers,
-RK

Reading this thread, and I still don't get one part.
Why quit the meetings?
I mean, you do it to have fun and drink beer right?
QSS became rude and stole your beer? ;)
Good question. Even slowly moving ATM from QNX4 to some another system i'm
not willing to stop reading or posting @QUICS :) It's just for fun, for for
QNX itself. OS is OS, there are many of them for any tastes, and people are
people.

// wbr

Robert Krten

Post by Robert Krten » Sun May 04, 2003 12:00 pm

Johan Bj?rk <phearbear@home.se> wrote:
Robert Krten wrote:
Just a reminder that the final Ottawa QNX Users Group meeting will
take place tomorrow, Thursday May the 1st, at 6pm at Colonnade
Pizza on Hazeldean Road.

Directions etc are available at:

http://www.parse.com/oqug/

Cheers,
-RK

Reading this thread, and I still don't get one part.
Why quit the meetings?
I mean, you do it to have fun and drink beer right?
QSS became rude and stole your beer? ;)
One of the things we came up with at the last meeting was that
it would be far more "effective" to have some form of agenda,
something to actually talk about. It turns out that of the
population attending the meetings, there would be anywhere from
zero to 5 customers (usually around 2), 2 to 6 QSSL staffers (usually
around 3), and me (usually 1 :-)). So, I kinda felt that my
efforts to reach a wider audience were limited ...

So, no, QSSL did not steal my beer :-)

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led

liug

Post by liug » Sun May 04, 2003 4:42 pm

Robert Krten <rk@parse.com> wrote:
One of the things we came up with at the last meeting was that
any other "minutes" from the last meeting?

Robert Krten

Post by Robert Krten » Sun May 04, 2003 7:33 pm

liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
Robert Krten <rk@parse.com> wrote:
One of the things we came up with at the last meeting was that

any other "minutes" from the last meeting?
I think that's pretty much it. There was an amazing car crash just as
I got off the bus :-( Saw the whole thing.

If there is a resurrection of the OQUG thing, you'll hear about it here,
and at the website...

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training, Consulting and Software Products at www.parse.com.

Bill Caroselli

RK > liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
Robert Krten <rk@parse.com> wrote:
One of the things we came up with at the last meeting was that

any other "minutes" from the last meeting?
RK > I think that's pretty much it. There was an amazing car crash just as
RK > I got off the bus :-( Saw the whole thing.

RK > If there is a resurrection of the OQUG thing, you'll hear about it here,
RK > and at the website...

RK > Cheers,
RK > -RK

RK > --
RK > Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
RK > Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
RK > Training, Consulting and Software Products at www.parse.com.

Well, if anyone in the Phoenix/Tempe, AZ area want to get together I'd
be interested. I don't know about a monthly commitment, but
occasionally would be fun.

Eric Johnson

Maybe not so final (was Re: Final OQUG meeting Thursday May

Post by Eric Johnson » Tue May 06, 2003 2:00 pm

Further on this, I'm looking into resurrecting OQUG with more of a tech
content focus. If we do it right, this should be something that local
commercial users will want to attend for business reasons i.e. it would be a
free learning opportunity, chance to network with other QNX users, and
solidify relationships with QSS staff.

In the "new" model, I'd like to invite a speaker to give a talk at each
meeting (so we get useful content from it), and aferwards those who want to
could go for beer/pizza. Sort of a "mini QNX conference" each meeting.
Obviously this would require a venue and we haven't got money to spend on
this; I'm looking into some possibilities and if I'm able to set something
up, I'll announce the first meeting in this forum. Meanwhile, if you have
great ideas for seminar speakers/topics (remember, no budget, so these would
have to be people in or around the Ottawa area, or who will be travelling
here anyway), please send them my way.

- Eric

"Robert Krten" <rk@parse.com> wrote in message
liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
Robert Krten <rk@parse.com> wrote:
One of the things we came up with at the last meeting was that

any other "minutes" from the last meeting?

I think that's pretty much it. There was an amazing car crash just as
I got off the bus :-( Saw the whole thing.

If there is a resurrection of the OQUG thing, you'll hear about it here,
and at the website...

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training, Consulting and Software Products at www.parse.com.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.cafe”