help for a paper

bridged with qdn.cafe
Post Reply
Sarah Connor

help for a paper

Post by Sarah Connor » Sat Mar 30, 2002 3:41 pm

hi all,
I need to present a paper on how memory management works in QNX.can anyone give me good links/resources for that?
thanks
lots of love,
sarah

Chris Foran

Re: help for a paper

Post by Chris Foran » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:30 pm

QNX has not documented the memory manager at all, so I don't think you'll
find any links/resources.

A few basic, misc things I do know about the mem. mgr.

- It's very simple, at least in comparison to BSD or Linux VM's (which are
very well doc'd, see http://www.memorymanagement.org/ )
- It uses a flat memory model and paging (vs. segmentation which QNX 4
used). You can find a lot about how it works by looking in Intel docs)
- Paging to disk (swapping) is not really supported

"Sarah Connor" <mahabali@vsnl.com> wrote in message
hi all,
I need to present a paper on how memory management works in QNX.can anyone
give me good links/resources for that?
thanks
lots of love,
sarah