QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

bridged with qdn.cafe
Jutta Steinhoff

QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:07 pm

Hello all,

the QNX-Night 2002 was a success, thanks to all attendees and
sponsors! Here are finally the pictures on which are waiting
attendees as well as many other QNXers who couldn't join that
event... enjoy! http://www.qnx-night.com

Who has still pictures which we didn't get, please send us!

- QNX-Night 2003
In the next year will be the QNX-Night 2003 on the first evening
of the fair, Tuesday, Febr. 18th, 2003. All who want to join can
already register ;-)

- Sponsorship
Who wants to sponsor for the QNX-Night 2003 can already send an
email to: js at steinhoff-automation dot com
It's our idea to make sponsorship inexpensive and give many
companies the possibility to advertise their homepage on the
QNX-Night page. If there are enough sponsors, we can pay also
for the buffet in 2003!

- Embedded Systems 2003 participation
there are already discussions for the halls in the next year.
Some hardware companies are moving from the software hall 11 to
the hardware hall 12, so it's actually possible to get a very
good place for a "QNX-Partner booth".
If anyone is interested to participate in such a booth, please
let me know asap.

- QNX-Nights, wherever it takes place...
We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.

Greetings from the organization team of the first QNX-Night,
Jutta Steinhoff (STEINHOFF Automation)& Markus Best (IDEASOFT)

Robert Krten

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Robert Krten » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:08 pm

Jutta Steinhoff <j-steinhoff@web.de> wrote:
Hello all,
[snip]
- QNX-Nights, wherever it takes place...
We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.
While it's slightly more regular than "once a year", you may wish
to put up a notice about the "Ottawa QNX User's Group" meetings
which are held once per month on the first Thursday of the month
at Colonnade Pizza on Hazeldean Road in Kanata/Ontario at 6pm. You can
list my email, rk@parse.com as a contact. I can also supply you with
driving directions if that's something that's appropriate for
the website :-)

Cheers and thanks!
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led

Dmitri Poustovalov

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.

While it's slightly more regular than "once a year", you may wish
to put up a notice about the "Ottawa QNX User's Group" meetings
which are held once per month on the first Thursday of the month
at Colonnade Pizza on Hazeldean Road in Kanata/Ontario at 6pm. You can
list my email, rk@parse.com as a contact. I can also supply you with
driving directions if that's something that's appropriate for
the website :-)
Isn't qnxZone also a right place for such notice? The notice would be a good
start for comminityZone page ;)

-dip

Cheers and thanks!
-RK

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.

While it's slightly more regular than "once a year", you may wish
to put up a notice about the "Ottawa QNX User's Group" meetings
which are held once per month on the first Thursday of the month
at Colonnade Pizza on Hazeldean Road in Kanata/Ontario at 6pm. You can
list my email, rk@parse.com as a contact. I can also supply you with
driving directions if that's something that's appropriate for
the website :-)
welcome at QNX-Night.com ;-)
it's no problem to add an "Ottawa QNX User's Group" page.
Please send a map, pictures etc. to: m dot best at ideasoft dot de
Webmaster is Markus and he will create that page asap.

He is currently much involved with preparations for the CeBit.
May be you can send him a raw draft for the HP to speed up the
time to get it online.

BTW, you had liked the QNX-Night with many SK and CZ guys, also
"Dr.Beer" was there... ;-)

Regards,
Jutta

Jutta Steinhoff

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.

While it's slightly more regular than "once a year", you may wish
to put up a notice about the "Ottawa QNX User's Group" meetings
which are held once per month on the first Thursday of the month
at Colonnade Pizza on Hazeldean Road in Kanata/Ontario at 6pm. You can
list my email, rk@parse.com as a contact. I can also supply you with
driving directions if that's something that's appropriate for
the website :-)

Isn't qnxZone also a right place for such notice? The notice would be a good
start for comminityZone page ;)
Why not a notice in QNXzone?
But I think it's a good idea to have a summary of all community
meetings incl. PICTURES on a separate homepage ;-)

BTW, to post on QNXzone is a nightmare for me. I'm not willing to swich
off all firewalls...

Jutta

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
[...]

I'm sending Markus an email soon. Thanks, and say hi to the SK and CZ
guys next time you see them for me!

Cheers,
-RK
--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Books, Video-based and Instructor-led
Training and Consulting at www.parse.com.
Email my initials at parse dot com.

Guest

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:54 am

hi phearbear,
glad to see you here. I know you are the one who is implementing the
forum on qnxzone. now it's been several months and it is "under
construction". are you encountering any road blocks? is it
the design (as outlined in the "slides") that is no good? is it
the choice of OS for the site (qnx6 is great, but probably not
the best OS for a webserver, but then it is politics), or is it
simply you are too busy? or is it you are trying different options
of software?

phearbear

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
[...]

Huh? What is your problem with it? you shouldn't need anything but
normal http access through the firewall. as far as i know, noone has
mentioned this problem before.
could you tell a bit more specific what the problem is, and we'll try to
make it work easier
/Johan

Jutta

Armin Steinhoff

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:07 pm

phearbear wrote:

[ clip ..]
BTW, to post on QNXzone is a nightmare for me. I'm not willing to swich
off all firewalls...

Huh? What is your problem with it?
Have you ever tried to post a reply???

If you post your reply ... you get always the response that your aren't
logged in regardsless if you are logged in or not. This happens also if
you selected the anonymous option :)
you shouldn't need anything but
normal http access through the firewall. as far as i know, noone has
mentioned this problem before.
I also heard nothing about that problem before :)
could you tell a bit more specific what the problem is, and we'll try to
make it work easier
See above ... posting of HTML text crashes also the SQL database.

Armin

phearbear

Post by phearbear » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:53 pm

nospam@anti-spam.com wrote:
hi phearbear,
glad to see you here. I know you are the one who is implementing the
forum on qnxzone. now it's been several months and it is "under
construction". are you encountering any road blocks? is it
the design (as outlined in the "slides") that is no good? is it
the choice of OS for the site (qnx6 is great, but probably not
the best OS for a webserver, but then it is politics), or is it
simply you are too busy? or is it you are trying different options
of software?

roadblock.. is camz large enough to count as one? ;)
The issue has partly been some problems testing out newer changes, as
you might have noticed , no updates to the site itself has been applied.
(bugs, new features..)
We finaly have got it all working though, so things should start to
happen soon again :)

phearbear

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by phearbear » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:57 pm

Armin Steinhoff wrote:
phearbear wrote:

[ clip ..]

BTW, to post on QNXzone is a nightmare for me. I'm not willing to swich
off all firewalls...

Huh? What is your problem with it?

Have you ever tried to post a reply???

If you post your reply ... you get always the response that your aren't
logged in regardsless if you are logged in or not. This happens also if
you selected the anonymous option :)
You still need to have a account to be able to post, the anonymous
option is simply to not show to the other users who posted it.
If you are not logged in when reply/posting, you should be forwarded to
the login page, and after you login, your post should be added. this is
not the case for you?

you shouldn't need anything but
normal http access through the firewall. as far as i know, noone has
mentioned this problem before.

I also heard nothing about that problem before :)

could you tell a bit more specific what the problem is, and we'll try to
make it work easier

See above ... posting of HTML text crashes also the SQL database.

Armin

hmm, Works for me. could you tell a bit more specific what html text you are writing?

Armin Steinhoff

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:28 am

phearbear wrote:
Armin Steinhoff wrote:

phearbear wrote:

[ clip ..]

BTW, to post on QNXzone is a nightmare for me. I'm not willing to swich
off all firewalls...

Huh? What is your problem with it?

Have you ever tried to post a reply???

If you post your reply ... you get always the response that your aren't
logged in regardsless if you are logged in or not. This happens also if
you selected the anonymous option :)

You still need to have a account to be able to post, the anonymous
option is simply to not show to the other users who posted it.
If you are not logged in when reply/posting, you should be forwarded to
the login page, and after you login, your post should be added. this is
not the case for you?
No .. it doesn't work. I get always the response that I'm not logged in.

you shouldn't need anything but
normal http access through the firewall. as far as i know, noone has
mentioned this problem before.

I also heard nothing about that problem before :)

could you tell a bit more specific what the problem is, and we'll try to
make it work easier

See above ... posting of HTML text crashes also the SQL database.

Armin

hmm, Works for me. could you tell a bit more specific what html text you are writing?
HTML text with characters of different sizes e.g ...

BTW ... is there a way to switch off the processing of COOKIES ??
It makes no sense for QNXzone ...

Armin

phearbear

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by phearbear » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:34 am

Armin Steinhoff wrote:
phearbear wrote:

Armin Steinhoff wrote:

phearbear wrote:

[ clip ..]

BTW, to post on QNXzone is a nightmare for me. I'm not willing to swich
off all firewalls...

Huh? What is your problem with it?

Have you ever tried to post a reply???

If you post your reply ... you get always the response that your aren't
logged in regardsless if you are logged in or not. This happens also if
you selected the anonymous option :)

You still need to have a account to be able to post, the anonymous
option is simply to not show to the other users who posted it.
If you are not logged in when reply/posting, you should be forwarded to
the login page, and after you login, your post should be added. this is
not the case for you?

No .. it doesn't work. I get always the response that I'm not logged in.
what browser are you using?

you shouldn't need anything but
normal http access through the firewall. as far as i know, noone has
mentioned this problem before.

I also heard nothing about that problem before :)

could you tell a bit more specific what the problem is, and we'll try to
make it work easier

See above ... posting of HTML text crashes also the SQL database.

Armin

hmm, Works for me. could you tell a bit more specific what html text you are writing?

HTML text with characters of different sizes e.g ...

BTW ... is there a way to switch off the processing of COOKIES ??
It makes no sense for QNXzone ...
It's a option to turn it off at the login page, you have it to save your
login so you won't have to manually do it each time.
Armin

Miguel Simon

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Miguel Simon » Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:24 pm

Jutta...

Great work!

But..., who is who? :)

Regards...

Miguel.

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.

Greetings from the organization team of the first QNX-Night,
Jutta Steinhoff (STEINHOFF Automation)& Markus Best (IDEASOFT)
--
---
my opinions are mine, only mine, solely mine, and they are not related

Jutta Steinhoff

Re: QNX-Night 2002 pictures are online ;-)

Post by Jutta Steinhoff » Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:07 pm

Miguel Simon wrote:
Jutta...

Great work!
Miguel, pictures are not from me ;-)
Most pictures were taken from Markus Best and Daniel Huenig from
Ideasoft as well as from Martin Misovic from Microstep. Thanks
to them for the good job !!
But..., who is who? :)
As I told already in comp.os.qnx, we don't intend to "exhibit"
the attendees, so no chance to get a list of all or to get the
names under the pictures ;-)

Such pages are thought as nice memory of community meetings,
nothing else! Try to find out whom you know...

There are attendees from EU (EC) countries, Eastern Europe,
Switzerland, USA and Canada. They are QSSx staff, distributors,
3rd Parties, OEMs, QNX customers, users and an editor.

You are invited to the next European QNX-Night !
May be you have a chance to join the QNX-Night in SF in this month ?

The more QNXers you know the better is your chance to find out
yourself who is who :-))

Cheers,
Jutta
Regards...

Miguel.

We offer to host all QNX-Nights at www.qnx-night.com
Based on the experience of the first QNX-Night we would like to
encourage also other companies to organize QNX-Nights on other
continents in parallel to international fairs.

Greetings from the organization team of the first QNX-Night,
Jutta Steinhoff (STEINHOFF Automation)& Markus Best (IDEASOFT)

--
---
my opinions are mine, only mine, solely mine, and they are not related
in any possible way to the institution(s) in which I study and work.
---
Miguel Simon
Research Engineer
School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
University of Oklahoma
http://www.amerobotics.ou.edu/
http://www.saic.com

Post Reply