Unreal Tournament in QNX RTP

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Eddie Roosenmaallen

Unreal Tournament in QNX RTP

Post by Eddie Roosenmaallen » Thu May 02, 2002 7:39 pm

I've heard mention of Unreal Tournament for QNX, but I've been unable to
find it... Is it still floating around somewhere, or failing that, would it
be a big job (for someone with some C/C++ experience) to port the Linux
version?

Thanks!
Eddie Roosenmaallen

Mario Charest

Re: Unreal Tournament in QNX RTP

Post by Mario Charest » Sat May 04, 2002 11:50 am

"Eddie Roosenmaallen" <eroosenmaallen@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
I've heard mention of Unreal Tournament for QNX, but I've been unable to
find it... Is it still floating around somewhere, or failing that, would
it
be a big job (for someone with some C/C++ experience) to port the Linux
version?
Problem with this is it only works with Voodoo 3 cards and these are pretty
hard to find now. Until QSSL comes up with 3D support for other type of
card.
Porting 3D games is pointless.
Thanks!
Eddie Roosenmaallen

Eddie Roosenmaallen

Post by Eddie Roosenmaallen » Sat May 04, 2002 4:31 pm

Problem with this is it only works with Voodoo 3 cards and these are
pretty
hard to find now. Until QSSL comes up with 3D support for other type of
card.
Porting 3D games is pointless.
Under Windoze, UT supports software rendering. This should work a lot better
under QNX (everything else appears to), so would it be possible to port it
using software rendering?

Thanks!
Eddie Roosenmaallen

phearbear

Post by phearbear » Sun May 05, 2002 1:40 am

Eddie Roosenmaallen wrote:
Problem with this is it only works with Voodoo 3 cards and these are

pretty

hard to find now. Until QSSL comes up with 3D support for other type of
card.
Porting 3D games is pointless.

Under Windoze, UT supports software rendering. This should work a lot better
under QNX (everything else appears to), so would it be possible to port it
using software rendering?

Thanks!
Eddie Roosenmaallen

The [already existing] port supported software rendering just fine, the
issue seem to be that noone cared to recompile UT and Q3 for 6.1/2 .
Sure, I understand the argument that voodoo3 isn't common anymore, but
they *do* exist and gaming is a nice relaxation.

look old articles on QDN to find them.

/Johan

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.games”