3d games in QNX

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Adam Martin

3d games in QNX

Post by Adam Martin » Mon Aug 20, 2001 6:36 pm

Just a couple of questions.......... is there still 3d support in QNX 6.1, I
heard it didnt work anymore. I bought a secondhand 3dfx card so i could play
Q3 in QNX and would like to upgrade to 6.1 and still play :O)

Also I did get UT from somewhere as a beta, but somewhere along the way
(possible HD format i expect) i lost it. Is it still available anywhere? and
is it still in beta. I did have to modify one of the manifest files to
install it correctly as I recall, have they fixed that? Ahh so many
questions, so little time........ thanks or any forthcoming help...
AdM.

David Rempel

Re: 3d games in QNX

Post by David Rempel » Mon Aug 20, 2001 9:31 pm

3d support in 6.1 is limited to runtimes only currently. You can't
build for 6.1 OpenGL as you will get libc versionitus. I will be posting
some 3d packages in developers corner soon so those of you doing any 3d
development can upgrade to 6.1 and avoid the above versionitus.

(before people start asking, no new chipset support, still Voodoo3 and Banshee,
and don't bother asking when others are coming please, they will come when
they come, I have little to no control as to when at this time).

I will also get a new Unreal Tournament package put together soon after
the new 3d packages go out.

So, yes, you can play Quake III and Unreal Tournament under 6.1, but if
you were doing any 3d developement you will have to wait a bit before
upgrading to 6.1.

-- Dave Rempel

Adam Martin <amartin@musicchoice.co.uk> wrote:
Just a couple of questions.......... is there still 3d support in QNX 6.1, I
heard it didnt work anymore. I bought a secondhand 3dfx card so i could play
Q3 in QNX and would like to upgrade to 6.1 and still play :O)

Also I did get UT from somewhere as a beta, but somewhere along the way
(possible HD format i expect) i lost it. Is it still available anywhere? and
is it still in beta. I did have to modify one of the manifest files to
install it correctly as I recall, have they fixed that? Ahh so many
questions, so little time........ thanks or any forthcoming help...
AdM.

Markus Loffler

Re: 3d games in QNX

Post by Markus Loffler » Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:15 am

"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9lrvin$2nn$1@nntp.qnx.com...
You can't
build for 6.1 OpenGL as you will get libc versionitus. I will be posting
Actually, I could. I used old 6.0 headers, got warnings, but the executable
worked fine.
Markus

David Rempel

Re: 3d games in QNX

Post by David Rempel » Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:21 pm

Markus Loffler <loffler@ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

You're lucky. I'm still not about to say you can do since I know there are
problems with mixing up the lib versions (c, ph, and phrender).
"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9lrvin$2nn$1@nntp.qnx.com...
You can't
build for 6.1 OpenGL as you will get libc versionitus. I will be posting

Actually, I could. I used old 6.0 headers, got warnings, but the executable
worked fine.
Markus

Markus Loffler

Re: 3d games in QNX

Post by Markus Loffler » Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:16 pm

Dave,
Yes, sure, it's a terrible way to do this. But really, didn't have a single
problem so far ;)
I appreciate your efforts in putting together the 3d packages. I ported Open
Inventor to RTP and OI 3D graphics on RTP looks really cool ;)
Markus



"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9ltu99$a9s$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Markus Loffler <loffler@ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

You're lucky. I'm still not about to say you can do since I know there
are
problems with mixing up the lib versions (c, ph, and phrender).

"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9lrvin$2nn$1@nntp.qnx.com...
You can't
build for 6.1 OpenGL as you will get libc versionitus. I will be
posting

Actually, I could. I used old 6.0 headers, got warnings, but the
executable
worked fine.
Markus


David Rempel

Re: 3d games in QNX

Post by David Rempel » Fri Aug 24, 2001 7:08 pm

Ok guys, new .qpr is in developers corner (in the New Stuff area) for photon 3d. If you install
this the Unreal Tournament Beta that went out a while back will stop working (SONAME conflict). Any
Mesa/OpenGL app should still work fine from 6.0 however (ie: Quake III still runs fine).

Only install this package if you have 6.1 of RTP installed.

We'll be posting a new beta qpr for UT soon.

-- drempel


Markus Loffler <loffler@ces.clemson.edu> wrote:
Dave,
Yes, sure, it's a terrible way to do this. But really, didn't have a single
problem so far ;)
I appreciate your efforts in putting together the 3d packages. I ported Open
Inventor to RTP and OI 3D graphics on RTP looks really cool ;)
Markus
"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9ltu99$a9s$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Markus Loffler <loffler@ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

You're lucky. I'm still not about to say you can do since I know there
are
problems with mixing up the lib versions (c, ph, and phrender).

"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9lrvin$2nn$1@nntp.qnx.com...
You can't
build for 6.1 OpenGL as you will get libc versionitus. I will be
posting

Actually, I could. I used old 6.0 headers, got warnings, but the
executable
worked fine.
Markus


David Rempel

Re: 3d games in QNX

Post by David Rempel » Thu Aug 30, 2001 5:35 pm

Ok, I've been asked a few times now where developers corner is (seems there's no link
from qdn). http://developers.qnx.com/

-- drempel

David Rempel <drempel@qnx.com> wrote:
Ok guys, new .qpr is in developers corner (in the New Stuff area) for photon 3d. If you install
this the Unreal Tournament Beta that went out a while back will stop working (SONAME conflict). Any
Mesa/OpenGL app should still work fine from 6.0 however (ie: Quake III still runs fine).

Only install this package if you have 6.1 of RTP installed.

We'll be posting a new beta qpr for UT soon.

-- drempel
Markus Loffler <loffler@ces.clemson.edu> wrote:
Dave,
Yes, sure, it's a terrible way to do this. But really, didn't have a single
problem so far ;)
I appreciate your efforts in putting together the 3d packages. I ported Open
Inventor to RTP and OI 3D graphics on RTP looks really cool ;)
Markus
"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9ltu99$a9s$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Markus Loffler <loffler@ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

You're lucky. I'm still not about to say you can do since I know there
are
problems with mixing up the lib versions (c, ph, and phrender).

"David Rempel" <drempel@qnx.com> wrote in message
news:9lrvin$2nn$1@nntp.qnx.com...
You can't
build for 6.1 OpenGL as you will get libc versionitus. I will be
posting

Actually, I could. I used old 6.0 headers, got warnings, but the
executable
worked fine.
Markus


Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.games”