Porting Games to Audrey Compatible QNX?

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Henri Smeets

Porting Games to Audrey Compatible QNX?

Post by Henri Smeets » Fri Aug 03, 2001 1:10 pm

Hello,

Porting Games to 3Com's Audrey Compatible QNX?

Would this be possible or is the Audrey too limited for any kind of Game
Mame?
Henri

Travis

Re: Porting Games to Audrey Compatible QNX?

Post by Travis » Wed Aug 22, 2001 7:18 pm

Well...

From my research the audrey is pretty basic with only a 200 MHz CPU and
32 megs of RAM... if you built a tiney version of mame (see tiney.mak) you
could possibly play some older games (I'm thinking games prior to ghosts n
ghouls should be ok).

Travis "TheAlien" Coady
smallfri@bigfoot.com

"Henri Smeets" <henri@xpact.nl> wrote in message
Hello,

Porting Games to 3Com's Audrey Compatible QNX?

Would this be possible or is the Audrey too limited for any kind of Game
Mame?
Henri

Rennie Allen

Porting Games to Audrey Compatible QNX?

Post by Rennie Allen » Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:34 pm

Audrey can also be overclocked to 333Mhz apparently, which might not be
a bad idea for a game machine. Personally, I want to outfit mine with
batteries so that it is a sort of super PDA, sub notebook type thingy,
and overclocking would just reduce the battery time.

Posted At: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 12:19 PM
Posted To: games
Conversation: Porting Games to Audrey Compatible QNX?
Subject: Re: Porting Games to Audrey Compatible QNX?

Well...

From my research the audrey is pretty basic with only a 200 MHz CPU
and
32 megs of RAM... if you built a tiney version of mame (see tiney.mak)
you
could possibly play some older games (I'm thinking games prior to ghosts
ghouls should be ok).

Travis "TheAlien" Coady
smallfri@bigfoot.com

"Henri Smeets" <henri@xpact.nl> wrote in message
Hello,

Porting Games to 3Com's Audrey Compatible QNX?

Would this be possible or is the Audrey too limited for any kind of
Game
Mame?
Henri

Post Reply