PhMame question

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Adam Martin

PhMame question

Post by Adam Martin » Thu May 10, 2001 7:42 pm

I have installed the latest release of PhMame , just one question
though....... I have some console game roms in *.zip format, what
format/directory structure does PhMame look for? I have searched high and
low on the net for info but cannot find it!!Please help I am flumoxed.

Thx
Adm

Adam Martin

Re: PhMame question

Post by Adam Martin » Fri May 11, 2001 12:31 am

Well, it seems to read zip files, and by using the command line
option -rompath it finds them, however, now I keep getting :--

Error: failed ocreate offscreen context
Memory fault (core dumped)

when tryingto load a game.......

any ideas????

Thx
Adm

"Adam Martin" <amartin@musicchoice.co.uk> wrote in message
I have installed the latest release of PhMame , just one question
though....... I have some console game roms in *.zip format, what
format/directory structure does PhMame look for? I have searched high and
low on the net for info but cannot find it!!Please help I am flumoxed.

Thx
Adm

Travis Coady

Re: PhMame question

Post by Travis Coady » Mon May 21, 2001 8:43 pm

Hi,

PhMAME (and it's derivatives) are currently in a state of flux (sorry,
my bad ;)), try running phmame.photon2 like this first:

phmame.photon2 <game> -rompath /where/myroms/are/at -render-mode
0 -nosound

That'll put PhMAME in a nice little window with no sound, once your sure
that works, then try adding the fancy stuff (*g*). Set -render-mode to 1 to
have full-screen overlays, use -sound to enable the sound (be warned though,
you might need to tweek with -sound-primary and -sound-preferred).

Once your happy with your settings put them in
/home/MyUserName/.phmame/phmamerc So you wont have to type it in the console
as such again.

Also note that PhMAME requires alot of RAM and CPU power to run some
games (Hard Drivn', NeoGeo games, F3 games, Wolf Unit games, the list goes
on...), so when you try to run a game, make sure your system is up to the
requirements.

Travis "TheAlien" Coady
smallfri@bigfoot.com

I have installed the latest release of PhMame , just one question
though....... I have some console game roms in *.zip format, what
format/directory structure does PhMame look for? I have searched high and
low on the net for info but cannot find it!!Please help I am flumoxed.

Thx
Adm

Sir Charles

Re: PhMame question

Where can I find ROM files/images for PhMAME and PhMESS?

I have installed the latest release of PhMame , just one question
though....... I have some console game roms in *.zip format, what
format/directory structure does PhMame look for? I have searched high
and
low on the net for info but cannot find it!!Please help I am flumoxed.

Thx
Adm

Travis Coady

Re: PhMame question

Post by Travis Coady » Tue May 22, 2001 9:47 am

Hey,

Should not be telling you this (it's a fau pas or somthing...)
http://www.mame.dk for MAME roms, http://www.messroms.de/ for MESS system
roms (you'll have to find or dump the games or applications yourself).

Travis "TheAlien" Coady
smallfri@bigfoot.com

I have installed the latest release of PhMame , just one question
though....... I have some console game roms in *.zip format, what
format/directory structure does PhMame look for? I have searched high
and
low on the net for info but cannot find it!!Please help I am flumoxed.

Thx
Adm

Adam Martin

Re: PhMame question

Post by Adam Martin » Sat Jun 09, 2001 10:42 am

I have PhMame running nicely now with sound ;O) but in a window. On qnx
website it says my video card (voodooooh 3 agp) supports fullscreen video
overlay mode but when running PhMame with the -render-mode 1 set i get a
messege to the effect that photon wont allow full screen mode....... and
falls back to windowed mode. What gives?? How to solve this problem....
Should fullscreen mode improve performance?

AdM

I have installed the latest release of PhMame , just one question
though....... I have some console game roms in *.zip format, what
format/directory structure does PhMame look for? I have searched high
and
low on the net for info but cannot find it!!Please help I am flumoxed.

Thx
Adm

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.games”