QIIIArena too slow!!!

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Adam Martin

QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by Adam Martin » Sat Apr 21, 2001 2:59 pm

I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to this
problem???

Adam.

Chalz

Re: QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by Chalz » Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:23 am

I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to
this
problem???
RAM, processor and free HD space for swap are also important. Graphics
alone make not a machine.

Harri Haataja

Re: QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by Harri Haataja » Wed Apr 25, 2001 11:23 am

Chalz wrote:
I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to
this
problem???
RAM, processor and free HD space for swap are also important. Graphics
alone make not a machine.
And the settings. Try the humblest ones, eye candy off, low res etc and
then complain ;)

--
md5 sum: 07394dd242eb331be403826f2df92bbf

Igor Kovalenko

Re: QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Thu Apr 26, 2001 3:31 am

I had totally jerky video in Q3 until replaced my soundcard. Get SB Live!,
it will fly. Don't know why audio card degrades video performance, but it
does.

"Adam Martin" <amartin@musicchoice.co.uk> wrote in message
I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to
this
problem???

Adam.

GIS dep. of Russian State

Re: QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by GIS dep. of Russian State » Thu Apr 26, 2001 3:41 pm

I've got PII-266 and Voodoo Banshee card and I get ~22fps in QNX6 with
"timedemo" command (graphics quality set to medium), but in window$ q3 really
works a little bit faster (~25 fps on my machine with same settings). So maybe
some video driver optimizations for QNX 6 will help.....
Allmost forgot I've got sb awe 32 for sound.

I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to
this
problem???

Adam.

Igor Kovalenko

Re: QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:52 am

SB awe32 is ISA, right?
What I found is, basically any ISA audio card will degrade video performance
under QNX. Not only quake - mpeg player will suck just as bad. Try a PCI
audio card and see what you get.

- igor

"GIS dep. of Russian State University of Oil & Gas" <gis@saog.ac.ru> wrote
in message news:3AE84195.B7EEB427@saog.ac.ru...

I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out
and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was
quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to
this
problem???

Adam.

Mario Charest

Re: QIIIArena too slow!!!

Post by Mario Charest » Sun Apr 29, 2001 3:44 am

"GIS dep. of Russian State University of Oil & Gas" <gis@saog.ac.ru> wrote
in message news:3AE84195.B7EEB427@saog.ac.ru...
I've got PII-266 and Voodoo Banshee card and I get ~22fps in QNX6 with
"timedemo" command (graphics quality set to medium), but in window$ q3
really
works a little bit faster (~25 fps on my machine with same settings). So
maybe
some video driver optimizations for QNX 6 will help.....
What makes you think it has to do with video driver?

I have installed q3a on patch B and only get 20fps....... I went out
and
bought a voodoo3 3000(agp) to see how well Q3Arena would run and was
quite
dissappointed. Has anyone else had similar experience or a solution to
this
problem???

Adam.

Post Reply