Unreal Tournament Demo Available !!!

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.games
Post Reply
Brian Northgrave

Unreal Tournament Demo Available !!!

Post by Brian Northgrave » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:58 pm

Unreal Tournament Demo Available !!!
------------------------------------

This is the first Public Beta of the Unreal Tournament Demo
for QNX RTP for x86 processors and is available for download
via the Package Installer.

Make sure to add the following Repository location to
your Package Installer:

http://packages.qnx.com/experimental/public

no username or passwd required.

Notes
-----

The only 3d acceleration availble is on 3dfx Voodoo 3 or Banshee chips,
but there is a software renderer for those of you without these chips.

Please report any problems to this newsgroup!!!

happy testing!!

ben
QA
QSS

Chris McKillop

Re: Unreal Tournament Demo Available !!!

Post by Chris McKillop » Thu Apr 19, 2001 10:25 pm

Brian Northgrave <ben@qnx.com> wrote:
Unreal Tournament Demo Available !!!
------------------------------------
I just installed this on a clean PatchB system and there
appears to be a bug in the package. The MANIFEST for the
package includes a UNION to a directory that will already
be unioned so fs-pkg starts spinning.

cdm@qnx.com "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Chris McKillop -- Lewis Carroll --
Software Engineer, QSSL
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chalz

Post by Chalz » Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:21 am

The only 3d acceleration availble is on 3dfx Voodoo 3 or Banshee chips,
but there is a software renderer for those of you without these chips.
Is there any chance any games will be usable with QNX RTP for something
other than 3dfx? Like, say, TNT?

--Charles

Harri Haataja

Post by Harri Haataja » Wed Apr 25, 2001 11:22 am

Chalz wrote:
The only 3d acceleration availble is on 3dfx Voodoo 3 or Banshee chips,
but there is a software renderer for those of you without these chips.
Is there any chance any games will be usable with QNX RTP for something
other than 3dfx? Like, say, TNT?
If QNX ever gets a hardware-backed OpenGL implementation.

Glide only works for 3dfx.

--
md5 sum: 07394dd242eb331be403826f2df92bbf

Reko Turja

Post by Reko Turja » Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:59 pm

"Harri Haataja" <harri@tolppa.kotisivupalvelu.fi> wrote in message
If QNX ever gets a hardware-backed OpenGL implementation.
As I've been following the conversation about NVidia drivers both here and
at the BeOS side, it seems that NVidia is very reluctant to give programming
specs out, as well as building drivers for other platforms than Win. (Which
might even be reasonable as developing drivers is a major effort)

What I wonder on the other hand, is that it seems no-one has approached
those companies which sell NVidia based boards, but even code their own
OpenGL drivers, ELSA for example. I think some hardware manufacturers might
even be quite interested in having "the only OGL-card for embedded systems"
or somesuch.

-Reko

Harri Haataja

Post by Harri Haataja » Fri Apr 27, 2001 2:55 pm

Reko Turja wrote:
"Harri Haataja" <harri@tolppa.kotisivupalvelu.fi> wrote in message

If QNX ever gets a hardware-backed OpenGL implementation.

As I've been following the conversation about NVidia drivers both here and
at the BeOS side, it seems that NVidia is very reluctant to give programming
specs out, as well as building drivers for other platforms than Win. (Which
might even be reasonable as developing drivers is a major effort)
nVidia is the toughest one.

Matrox and Ati seem to be pretty open. You might look at Utah-GLX and dri
for some pointers. I believe they have some specs as well.

--
md5 sum: 07394dd242eb331be403826f2df92bbf

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.games”