Working Apache Build for Neutrino

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Simon A. Platten

Working Apache Build for Neutrino

Post by Simon A. Platten » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:26 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a working port of Apache for QNX Neutrino that builds with
support for PHP.

All the versions I have tried so far fail in some way or another. I do not
have the time to get apache working at present and would think that someone
has already done this.

I've checked the various postings in the newsgroups, some of which are now
dead links. Thank you

--
Simon Platten, Senior Software Engineer

VT Controls
Bessemer Way, Harfreys Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0LX.
Tel: (0)1493 668811 Fax: (0)1493 651137
Email: simon.platten@vtcontrols.co.uk

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily
represent those of VT Group, its holding company or any of its subsidiaries
or associates.

Chris McKillop

Re: Working Apache Build for Neutrino

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:54 pm

http://www.qnxzone.com/downloads/PostgreSQL/

You will find apache, pqsql and php all build for 6.2.0. The goal is to
have packages on the 6.2.1 3rd Party CDROM that will provide a simular
function.

chris

Simon A. Platten <simon.platten@vtcontrols.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

liug

Post by liug » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:21 pm

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
http://www.qnxzone.com/downloads/PostgreSQL/
You will find apache, pqsql and php all build for 6.2.0. The goal is to
Those were built for 6.1.0 by Igor.
Based on the dates of those files, it shouldn't be too difficult to guess :)
YMMV if you want to use them on 6.2

[...]

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:52 pm

http://www.qnxzone.com/~fliu/

That is the new one, sorry.

chris

liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
[...]

Post by Simon A. Platten » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:55 am

Thanks :)

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I
get."

Simon A. Platten

Re: Working Apache Build for Neutrino

Post by Simon A. Platten » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:56 am

I have downloaded all the files and followed the instructions exactly. I am
running 6.2

I created a user and group called nobody. When I type:

../apachectl start

I get:

unknown symbol: openlog
unknown symbol: syslog
Could not resolve all symbols
../apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any ideas, I've searched apache.org and could find nothing.

Post by liug » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:54 pm

Simon A. Platten <simon.platten@vtcontrols.co.uk> wrote:
I have downloaded all the files and followed the instructions exactly. I am
running 6.2
Are you sure you are running 6.2? what does "uname -a" say?

Simon A. Platten

Re: Working Apache Build for Neutrino

Post by Simon A. Platten » Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:24 am

I have it all running now. I re-installed 6.2 and it burst into life.

"liug" <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote in message
Simon A. Platten <simon.platten@vtcontrols.co.uk> wrote:
I have downloaded all the files and followed the instructions exactly.
I am
running 6.2

Are you sure you are running 6.2? what does "uname -a" say?

Chris McKillop

Re: Working Apache Build for Neutrino

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:26 am

Hugo <hcampagna@oerlikon.ca> wrote:
I try to compile apache for neutrino but has a powerpc target, not x86. I'm
not able to cross compile apache for power-pc properly...

Do you have any clue for me
What happens when you try?

Hugo

Post by Hugo » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:38 pm

I try to compile apache for neutrino but has a powerpc target, not x86. I'm
not able to cross compile apache for power-pc properly...

Do you have any clue for me

Thanks

Hugo C. (hcampagna@oerlikon.ca)

[...]

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”