Replacement for qnx_name_attach

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Rich Wells

Replacement for qnx_name_attach

Post by Rich Wells » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:06 pm

Does anyone know of any replacement naming utility besides the
migration manager for implementing qnx_name_attach/qnx_name_locate

Thanks,
RBW

David Gibbs

Re: Replacement for qnx_name_attach

Post by David Gibbs » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:38 pm

Rich Wells <rbw317@yahoo.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any replacement naming utility besides the
migration manager for implementing qnx_name_attach/qnx_name_locate
Not exactly the same...but the normal replacement is:
name_attach() and name_open().

-David
--
QNX Training Services
http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Guest

Re: Replacement for qnx_name_attach

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:44 am

David Gibbs <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote:
Rich Wells <rbw317@yahoo.com> wrote:

Does anyone know of any replacement naming utility besides the
migration manager for implementing qnx_name_attach/qnx_name_locate

Not exactly the same...but the normal replacement is:
name_attach() and name_open().
The only surprising thing was the system pulse, that the server
receives when the client calls name_close() (it was _PULSE_CODE_DISCONNECT
IIRC).

--
__ __ ____ ____
| \/ | __ ) ___| Karsten.Hoffmann@mbs-software.de MBS-GmbH
| |\/| | _ \___ \ Phone : +49-2151-7294-38 Karsten Hoffmann
| | | | |_) |__) | Fax : +49-2151-7294-50 Roemerstrasse 15
|_| |_|____/____/ Mobile: +49-172-3812373 D-47809 Krefeld

David Gibbs

Re: Replacement for qnx_name_attach

Post by David Gibbs » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:02 pm

Karsten.Hoffmann@mbs-software.de wrote:
David Gibbs <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote:
Rich Wells <rbw317@yahoo.com> wrote:

Does anyone know of any replacement naming utility besides the
migration manager for implementing qnx_name_attach/qnx_name_locate

Not exactly the same...but the normal replacement is:
name_attach() and name_open().

The only surprising thing was the system pulse, that the server
receives when the client calls name_close() (it was _PULSE_CODE_DISCONNECT
IIRC).
Yup, you get them. It is documented behaviour, actually. The docs for
name_attach() describe which flags are set on the channel that it creates,
and explicitly mention the disconnect case as an example.

-David
--
QNX Training Services
http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Guest

Re: Replacement for qnx_name_attach

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:35 am

David Gibbs <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote:
Yup, you get them. It is documented behaviour, actually.
.... and a quite useful one, too. :-))

--
__ __ ____ ____
| \/ | __ ) ___| Karsten.Hoffmann@mbs-software.de MBS-GmbH
| |\/| | _ \___ \ Phone : +49-2151-7294-38 Karsten Hoffmann
| | | | |_) |__) | Fax : +49-2151-7294-50 Roemerstrasse 15
|_| |_|____/____/ Mobile: +49-172-3812373 D-47809 Krefeld

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”