ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Farooque Khan

ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

Post by Farooque Khan » Wed May 22, 2002 5:06 am

Hi all,

I am porting net-snmp 5.0.1 to QNX neutrino. We are having problems
retriving the ICMP stats. The net-snmp code uses /dev/kmem to read the
stats, but QNX does not have this device. How can I get the ICMP stats (or
for that matter UDP, TCP or IP too)?

Does anyone know about /dev/kmem in QNX?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Farooque

Xiaodan Tang

Re: ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

Post by Xiaodan Tang » Wed May 22, 2002 1:56 pm

Farooque Khan <farooquek@concretioindia.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am porting net-snmp 5.0.1 to QNX neutrino. We are having problems
retriving the ICMP stats. The net-snmp code uses /dev/kmem to read the
stats, but QNX does not have this device. How can I get the ICMP stats (or
for that matter UDP, TCP or IP too)?

Does anyone know about /dev/kmem in QNX?
I'm afraid you can't do that.

popen("netstat -p icmp", ); and parse the output is your best bet.

-xtang

Farooque Khan

Re: ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

Post by Farooque Khan » Thu May 23, 2002 2:48 am

Thanks for the reply. But how does netstat actually do it? There must be
some interface it is using. Isn't it?

-Farooque

"Xiaodan Tang" <xtang@qnx.com> wrote in message
Farooque Khan <farooquek@concretioindia.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am porting net-snmp 5.0.1 to QNX neutrino. We are having problems
retriving the ICMP stats. The net-snmp code uses /dev/kmem to read the
stats, but QNX does not have this device. How can I get the ICMP stats
(or
for that matter UDP, TCP or IP too)?

Does anyone know about /dev/kmem in QNX?

I'm afraid you can't do that.

popen("netstat -p icmp", ); and parse the output is your best bet.

-xtang

Farooque Khan

Re: ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

Post by Farooque Khan » Thu May 23, 2002 2:49 am

Also , what about TCP, UDP and IP statistics?

Thanks in advance.

-Farooque

"Xiaodan Tang" <xtang@qnx.com> wrote in message
Farooque Khan <farooquek@concretioindia.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am porting net-snmp 5.0.1 to QNX neutrino. We are having problems
retriving the ICMP stats. The net-snmp code uses /dev/kmem to read the
stats, but QNX does not have this device. How can I get the ICMP stats
(or
for that matter UDP, TCP or IP too)?

Does anyone know about /dev/kmem in QNX?

I'm afraid you can't do that.

popen("netstat -p icmp", ); and parse the output is your best bet.

-xtang

Sean Boudreau

Re: ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

Post by Sean Boudreau » Thu May 23, 2002 2:24 pm

There currently isn't a published way to do this. I'll point
you to the thread titled 'pcblookup' in qdn.public.ddk.network
for the best hints.

-seanb

Farooque Khan <farooquek@concretioindia.com> wrote:
: Also , what about TCP, UDP and IP statistics?

: Thanks in advance.

: -Farooque

: "Xiaodan Tang" <xtang@qnx.com> wrote in message
: news:acg837$b8u$3@nntp.qnx.com...
:> Farooque Khan <farooquek@concretioindia.com> wrote:
:> > Hi all,
:>
:> > I am porting net-snmp 5.0.1 to QNX neutrino. We are having problems
:> > retriving the ICMP stats. The net-snmp code uses /dev/kmem to read the
:> > stats, but QNX does not have this device. How can I get the ICMP stats
: (or
:> > for that matter UDP, TCP or IP too)?
:>
:> > Does anyone know about /dev/kmem in QNX?
:>
:> I'm afraid you can't do that.
:>
:> popen("netstat -p icmp", ); and parse the output is your best bet.
:>
:> -xtang
:>

Farooque Khan

Re: ICMP Stats for QNX neutrino

Post by Farooque Khan » Fri May 24, 2002 2:57 am

Thanks a lot, I will check it out.

-Farooque

:
:> > I am porting net-snmp 5.0.1 to QNX neutrino. We are having problems
:> > retriving the ICMP stats. The net-snmp code uses /dev/kmem to read
the
:> > stats, but QNX does not have this device. How can I get the ICMP
stats
: (or
:> > for that matter UDP, TCP or IP too)?
:
:> > Does anyone know about /dev/kmem in QNX?
:
:> I'm afraid you can't do that.
:
:> popen("netstat -p icmp", ); and parse the output is your best bet.
:
:> -xtang
:

Post Reply