unknown symbol

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
kc

unknown symbol

Post by kc » Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I have problem with my shared library. Whenever I try to load it, the loader
keeps
complaining about "unknown symbol: terminate_3stdv". I have no idea where
this
coming from. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.
kc

Colin Burgess

Re: unknown symbol

Post by Colin Burgess » Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:09 pm

You need to link against the C++ lib to get this symbol.

Cheers,

Colin

--
cburgess@qnx.com

kc

Re: unknown symbol

Post by kc » Wed May 01, 2002 1:14 pm

It seems working now. Thanks again.

kc

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have problem with my shared library. Whenever I try to load it, the
loader
keeps
complaining about "unknown symbol: terminate_3stdv". I have no idea
where
this
coming from. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.
kc

--
cburgess@qnx.com

kc

Re: unknown symbol

Post by kc » Wed May 01, 2002 10:12 pm

Hi Colin,

Since we are in shared library topic, I would like to ask you one more
question if you dont
mind. When I link the shared library with other libraries that arent built
with -fPIC flag, I will
get "segmentation fault" if I load the shared library with dlopen. Am I
missing something when
I link the libraries?

Thanks in advance

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have problem with my shared library. Whenever I try to load it, the
loader
keeps
complaining about "unknown symbol: terminate_3stdv". I have no idea
where
this
coming from. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.
kc

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Colin Burgess

Re: unknown symbol

Post by Colin Burgess » Thu May 02, 2002 12:03 am

I should put this in the FAQ - Is Camz reading this??! ;v)

If you link non-PIC code into a shared object, then the linker will
generate relocations against the text and/or rodata sections. Since these
are shared between apps they are marked read-only, and thus if you try
and load the shared lib then the application of these relocations causes
a SEGSEGV fault.

This will work in Linux, since they have COW (Copy On Write) and they use
that to share the lib UNLESS someone writes to these sections in which
case a new private copy of the page is generated.

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have problem with my shared library. Whenever I try to load it, the
loader
keeps
complaining about "unknown symbol: terminate_3stdv". I have no idea
where
this
coming from. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.
kc

--
cburgess@qnx.com

--
cburgess@qnx.com

kc

Re: unknown symbol

Post by kc » Thu May 02, 2002 2:41 pm

Hi Colin,

I see now.

However, sometimes, you dont always have control of the libraries
(e.g. third party) your shared library is going to link with. In this case,
am I out of luck? Or, is there any way to tell the linker to get around
this?

Thanks a lot.
kc

PS. where is the FAQ you have mentioned about ? I would like to check
it out.

Post by Colin Burgess » Thu May 02, 2002 9:23 pm

However, sometimes, you dont always have control of the libraries
(e.g. third party) your shared library is going to link with. In this case,
am I out of luck? Or, is there any way to tell the linker to get around
this?
Unfortunately no. But third party vendors should supply PIC versions of
their lib as well. Contact their sales and support people! ;v)

Or you could link it into the main lib?
PS. where is the FAQ you have mentioned about ? I would like to check
it out.
Oh, it was on Martin Zimmerman's site, I think. You can probably
find it via www.qnxzone.org

--
cburgess@qnx.com

kc

Re: unknown symbol

Post by kc » Fri May 03, 2002 7:49 pm

Ok. I suppose I will learn to live with that. :-)

Besides linking with non PIC version of libraries, is there any case when
Currently, I have a shared library that is still giving me segmentation
fault
problem. It dosent have .text section, but it does contain .rodata section.
I suspect it is the cause. Am I right? If I am, how to get out from this
mess? If not, whatelse should I look for?

Sigh.. sometimes, it is hard to build the shared library right...

However, sometimes, you dont always have control of the libraries
(e.g. third party) your shared library is going to link with. In this
case,
am I out of luck? Or, is there any way to tell the linker to get around
this?

Unfortunately no. But third party vendors should supply PIC versions of
their lib as well. Contact their sales and support people! ;v)

Or you could link it into the main lib?

PS. where is the FAQ you have mentioned about ? I would like to check
it out.

Oh, it was on Martin Zimmerman's site, I think. You can probably
find it via www.qnxzone.org

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Colin Burgess

Re: unknown symbol

Post by Colin Burgess » Tue May 07, 2002 10:24 am

Does it have a rel.rodata section?

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
[...]

Post by kc » Tue May 07, 2002 12:46 pm

Yes, it does have rel.rodata section. I kind of manage to narrow it down
to one particular routine. Strange. When I comment out that routine and
recompile, the rel.rodata section is gone. As soon as I remove the comments
and recompile, rel.rodata section comes back again. I am totally lost.
As far as I understand, rel.rodata section holds read-only data that
typically
contribute to a non-writable segment in the process image.

Any suggestion or idea is greatly appreciated.

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
[...]

Post by kc » Tue May 07, 2002 2:51 pm

Here are some information from the "readelf -r" of the shared library.

Relocation section '.rel.rodata' at offset 0x7f58 contains 8 entries:
Offset Info Type Symbol's Value Symbol's Name
0003c957 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c973 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c97f 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c99b 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c9a7 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c9c3 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c9cf 00008 R_386_RELATIVE
0003c9eb 00008 R_386_RELATIVE

How do I figure out what and where are those read-only data?

Thank a lot.

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
[...]

Post by Colin Burgess » Wed May 08, 2002 7:43 pm

Well, this will definately crash in a shared lib. But this sort
of thing is caused by not compiling PIC. If you are compiling this object PIC
and you still get these, can you send me the preprocessed source file (use -P)
and the command line you use to compile/link your shared object?

kc <kc@netnobound.com> wrote:
[...]

Sergey Sobolev

Re: unknown symbol

Post by Sergey Sobolev » Tue May 14, 2002 3:31 pm

"Colin Burgess" <cburgess@qnx.com> wrote in message
I should put this in the FAQ - Is Camz reading this??! ;v)

If you link non-PIC code into a shared object, then the linker will
generate relocations against the text and/or rodata sections. Since these
are shared between apps they are marked read-only, and thus if you try
and load the shared lib then the application of these relocations causes
a SEGSEGV fault.

This will work in Linux, since they have COW (Copy On Write) and they use
that to share the lib UNLESS someone writes to these sections in which
case a new private copy of the page is generated.

I get this kind of problem lot of times. Can't fix it.
Just a simple example - I'm trying to get libpng working as shared library(v
3.1.2.1).
All code that link into shared library built with -fPIC. As compiler I tried
to use qcc -V gcc_ntox86, gcc.
But 'make test' fails on shared executable with SIGSEGV fault as decribed
above.

Attached files is makefile and readelf -r output for library.

Regards, Sergey Sobolev

P.S. The same is on 6.2.

begin 666 out.zip
M4$L#!!0````(`("9KBR&&UJE-A0``/=V```&`"0`<F4N;&]G"@`@```````!
M`!@``*#^L5G[P0%2[9] 6OO!`13MEQI8^\$!K5S+LMPVDMW[*VKG70<`@B0P
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ML6Y_?D!L`JHIRJYAD1[K[7L$RY%'-+BRCQG1H*6@HC1K?'D-`.;UTYL/TVE%
M^^C/H\9M56K>^Z\_/WQZA_#EL<R*?6F?XWJL]J>?_GP=2P-6O>97>YOXUZ?_
MZ5['LH"ULH^F()'='R?L!__E[<NN^8E"];[PUY\_(O,"+/QL%](-\WJY/>]=
M>SCLFQ?G['5B$Q[+K?E5V?NO[OUOR#YZU8"2-7^O8[[:DW[E;!./M>HGB@>6
M_O7C;Z_/RY\T2M?.HQ/QW3&96+"O^W^F;(TOK[,`%GJ&?"!%&7IO>S_1V\3M
MXR]O$;OW6,4JENOW\1UF][7'XJBMPL??0YVQU^L,*K(O?L<J5WU.T_/UZ__>
MD'EYK&KMWB[Z-;Z/_F;A#/E]K%;LR]#XWO[:FNYYD7MO]V)MC55_/Y[__G=D
MC3Z"H0+W]U(S\L ZM(W_[8N-MP`)P"^':0!>"1XE%07?/JWP[!!:D;I?T7_^
M]V]_[O_Z\,>GL")20U(!5FZ[^8T8L/S-2@6&Q1@;/+*QM^YZ_KZ___JBNRF6
MZ3,#;%YYF<$=R]\45&%85!>TMP!SWE^M,N"4QYT+6,!7@\[K<?KNZ]*7[]-)
M)5C E\'Y*HN(^Z,][MUI"0NB0&K1>4D^>/<G=!_A9F4$Q:K<$ 7Z>7D/OW?M
M-U^1F6"!=L4S^#+6'50WV\48"S1CW%9=/>SCUVO;V6D\,F)!Y,906R7*F7Z-
MS^ID#G;BY ,6\(7:*F-EW7-OK]?SS"<'+. +M]62EKWG`T/M#]("%O"E42Q2
MN1Y+/UO]>?_9?O]ZOIHIEH7,DZ&V2ERE><S]Y$X,6,"7PWT.D9%]S3*-@.7Y
M*E!;9:P2/=97=3VUIZ?=*UB>KX*B\S)%'7/OVE-[>]Y?SU\G6#Z?)T6)8MEQ
MC>;LW6![29Q.P/)\%;C=2S?XB=Y6TR U8 %?-8XE38^EKWINKP$+^$+MG@JF
MHGU\+%(=+L]J@L6 +]SNB36I?:7Q6\ "OE ?S9@>; (B<-C,6_LTQP*^T#-$
MI& Z^-67]M3M?=O0' OX0GTTXS(YVWUZ,!K9B%4`7_@9LM8EOG"2MP0L4+O0
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M-L&J@2_<5FU5#WSY*7F_&I??`A;PA?M56@QWASGO+THOJW!W+%#%<?MZV,31
M'O'XWH+Z7.'V58FZYZL]N?.KL9SU*@FI4%_(N"[)]$Z+_'3 \GQ5J*U22H=X
MHK]KO2R^$.> <E:AMLI(Q?M];%[:@]D_J>-1[3O5'&R*!7SA,;DQ(O(Y[:FS
MUX/2]A'UM*<1"RI+%1Z;5#4CB:T.2WU8;, "OM!X@A+5)#YGHET&+. +CR<<
M'_S$`VNBSP8LX L_0[VM+OGZ! O*AA6>/U;:1'?:3+$/6% -POU]GR.W3X?S
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MUO13"UB>+[F2#[$F\M&S2M6(!?J7Q.-5(QB/^)J$`!$6\(7'F+R1J=V#2#%&
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M)X[N^Q1\',WVRUC UXH&8^LH-NFOV>/Y=)YB`5\K9[L:^CI )Y\6( ,6\(77
M1?,Z$XT#_<OB9UO1,HW)4_H#%O"%GVWCK$CT^_1:"UC %ZXIE,50.XEST3'K
M"UC %^XG*I766"=.9\0"_<OEQ/=]GO;1]MU="UB>+Y=;HYAIJRF6Y\NA/H>*
ML8[L;=5^NZBE3O0[EN?+X?<VK4CPJU-U-<("_<OA]W993C2%+XEO#5C %^XG
MDK.-</_HR,7C0EOQV7DLYGJT`_W+X7Y"CQIR;Z:IU#1B@?[E\!BS,)6>UH<B
MWQJP@"\\QFS&>[N?5RK6!BS@"_<3?5[KY[-;^ 0LX O/AVS=D'D=>;@>`Q;H
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M4E/M,185`A;PA>=IM8@UA=E+N8 %?.&Q7-WH.$^;OFX;L2K@"X_E^GK'BGYO
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M3K& +SRW:BH3:B<OIVDG\HAE@"_<5KD8XJ_'`4JIC[#@9>Y*GE;5DWP[28D"
MEN=KI3]:BF$?O9D^LMK%>7F^*OS>+EP1KW%2`@M87O^B*[W62I9IO)JF,0$+
M^%KQT2K.A_Q+M\<#B#NPAPU8P!?NH[G5L[[M*%T(6, 7?H;JL7^U?Q?@6]R>
M[<NUO76MOHU8#OA:T12DG&H*^XLZV*ZSR;Q _UKI':Y%W,\T>TD>L( OW.[K
M\?UCGSNFWC5@>;[J%5M58\YG]?EXN?J26@A8QY??H'_5*[D5**=1;I6N,F!Y
MONJ<>IHG:]X<G6!YOE9ZFDN1Z)BC&#K#`KYR:F!/QZX]8G<'!?UKI0_9"I[V
M\;5/RUC 5^:;ZX,]H?,"OO XFD'70-0/T+<_]IIAP *^5FK2='@[_WA3]AKW
MH'_A/<VL4M4LAPGA:H0%?.%OMQXOJ2;UQ] =%;#@VQ/PNZ.6<3_3[)LP`I;G
M2^ Z0%';:9P37R C%NA?`L_=DWI:^NU)*9;G2^!:+6%-8JN3CLR !7RMO)$J
MACK,HY=L\M(P8 %?N*U6%1]C\L<FNNOY.!CKJ-52T+_P7FLB2-Q+-OLVF8#E
M^9*XOFK,<->"34P+?0'+\[72:RUK&[T7G;9C1EB>+[RGF992)/LX.9 C%NA?
M\O_0#X#8%^A?<D5?U4.>!O*>3];NL$^W&1;PA>=6W)*%7NLQH@A8P!=N7V;,
M.WS?D-*?GZ[GE]E[!4M!_UKIVQ[K?$LW1XP%?*WH3,I&M@JJ[Y*&3$'_PONV
M?0M<&A>FCYL#EN=+X9H5ERR.5R>E@-T/_P902P,$% ````@`X)FN+%&F=4,,
M!P``TA(```@`) !M86ME9FEL90H`( ```````0`8``!R2!U:^\$!@GJ'0%K[
MP0%Q`8$:6/O!`:U6>V\:N1;_F_D49Q.D"Q$S;$B3ME1(I4 H6S)4(6EV[W85
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M>]#*E/,A"+3"!L1?W$SZ`'<QIB"QD$4H,\Q5X%-$E0/:0TC7B202B4=]0FR%
MQ&G'6 UBS76L\S\98Z[,4?^4P2IA2$.Z&2-40L99Q%$JH(6]R.O <G(S>_^1
MI;@-?$VI1B;T&10\H. QXFQ-PU] 98I*_"1!J" %,1;*(;G!RG*3?!6>R\^W
M1C5^RC 5Y)OV<30:_$^%T_VBHWI/)7MZ<Z$]WQA#CXP+A J)DN0(LK44>;5Y
MJ%-0@IUT; X[1HTB`T97*J495UE[&G19)DU*#*:V^V\EJL4YXELC0VB0K%5F
M=)*%,3)A`9(X=([_.Y]]4)]!=RUX5^\F725I]V?^J+Z?HSB%B.=UM2:G.%JL
MG>%\-O4'RB3=/N3LS47?.;9[;HH2$E$W82P3@QX4Z]6:!J:\!SWEBBZNJ\7U
M9.#>;3B1V-7E3B,![IW))>8NXKI4W3L1HY!MX*MSW'#O4B)T.[HA#A+$D>T7
M]TYR9)L')6H5("%=HS67TN"!=#/.))/;#&N1`JFV>:Q$&<T;PW%*&YW<SZS6
M-]#SWIY[IQUP%V= !#RLHVC[#D)&_V/;CDC3`-<X9=\PN.//_O3^YN/U9#B^
MO_67P\O)_>(3D!5LV1HHQF&]=>36.3ZV.B-,L3)>%Y<*\>AR/IPN!R^@V>W;
MY>1>_4Y'H^LQN+-F*T]>6SF-DD2')&^ 1K-E<J8X*CN<)8G-FHW:BJ5$NBN.
M4NSF.0$XAF:KB(L2BW*=X\F'V^G@O+):!<H$J*>[^T*7Q[]A>FDO[&C2$^Q,
MJWKUYL*.R^Q?BI9.KPE'JJ&+8@[9^B%165VM=*FE2,;FT$OQ+)>HMK4GO(XS
M'^<VSSUE0-)Q>:; .VHQMZ:I3[O.J>\F^A)S/X1;BE(2J/7?SU9I@7X_'/P$
M7#&F+(Z2=JZ'OAX*'%$S/_(E#F*F*]U4;RXDGR3HAM$S#20S%]<FWH**]-7P
M-]TO9Q[ 'VP-(F;K)-37AX*(T3>LCP<QHI%MH5QB`&>&G/F*/%79/M7++Y-K
MM6RV[*&V9ZF9WW8<E<+/PYN/@V;+SM!V.=N4S3L<,]$6'WY;*C!M,M/?`DM+
M1 7!UY(DEI0J!L*2FWSWJ]/09U00\M.$Y0=*0@^ZG*D!2J%-OE)DBE-+8,X9
MMV16@=H;EUEKQ_.Y\5[3?8\-O(P$'E.^>\O;R\O9[Y-EW_:Y%X 2MVS%#2S5
M=QK-UD@7>J! ;*^T=5?,1N"NS#>#YGMHGGB!XZ DZ5<E45Y<)AA8R.+7%1))
MHLY7QO8;M:>"K8CJ@MMK0DUM*6I-_L=0WWE3`3A.X4X_#V+;:2 ./##JBYUF
MR]9Y6^V6(H+UJQAX90$ZC82"*U;[>-5>#:5B?X?W97+](I[F[=6_BZP/%MZ-
MY_-V&201(XY#V_F"493BSCZ;R\CM,^"KTZA![TRHEZ?0LY5-L:Z<?E%"7DU;
M:6]5:%5RJ_/-5C[9VB5<7HA[4-'WH/GAP]CW0X7^S-+=HF^\U[,0CHY*"@!N
M\E=O[C-*DJVRA#ZJZ.=/B?Y17=+KYJB'X:S*GT<K&S-_B^YKYGKAN>_)"OZ$
M7\ -50CR:=H&^.N=?G]22!]#PFN<=[ BNU+YI&U_)U0PK%"0[?9R#5>QXY2%
M</'J56VW:P6>;Q1S0.$=\JVFOP!_?7Y>V^V^$)#N`Z%=GH*[.G#8M,T^MM-H
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M'GFGO(E42O<&0#,#Y_]02P$"&0`4````" " F:XLAAM:I384``#W=@``!@``
M`````````" `````````<F4N;&]G4$L!`AD`% ````@`X)FN+%&F=4,,!P``
MTA(```@````````````@````?A0``&UA:V5F:6QE4$L%!@`````"``(`:@``
'`-0;````````
`
end

Colin Burgess

Re: unknown symbol

Post by Colin Burgess » Tue May 14, 2002 8:37 pm

If that's the readelf -r for the lib there is is a bunch of non-pic code
in there.

But the makefile does look like it's ok.

Is it building a shared zlib?

If that's the readelf -r for the lib there is is a bunch of non-pic code
in there.

But the makefile does look like it's ok.

Is it building a shared zlib?

It's link against shared (system) zlib. I used -Bdynamic to force shared
linking.
But the same result if link with static zlib.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”