Qt for nto

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Guest

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:18 pm

Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@videk.com> wrote:
I managed to compile Qt 3.0.0 (static library) for XPhoton fairly easy. I
think if I spend a little more time I would have been able to complile to
dynamic linked libraries also.

Most of the examples ran fine - except some minor problem with some of the
icons and the grid in Qt Designer.
Do you have this problem with the binary version from openqnx?

Frank

Jens H Jorgensen

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Jens H Jorgensen » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:51 am

Hi Frank

The binary verison from openqnx (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/)
works works very well. Designer does not experience the below mentioned
problems, but it does crash pretty easily. But it is not a big deal because
I don't need to use designer under QNX.

Again thanks for your work on supporting Qt for QNX - I almost gave up on
getting the shared library build working under QNX.
--
Jens


<fliu@bb.vipstage.com> wrote in message news:a8dan8$4b3$1@inn.qnx.com...
Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@videk.com> wrote:
I managed to compile Qt 3.0.0 (static library) for XPhoton fairly easy.
I
think if I spend a little more time I would have been able to complile
to
dynamic linked libraries also.

Most of the examples ran fine - except some minor problem with some of
the
icons and the grid in Qt Designer.

Do you have this problem with the binary version from openqnx?

Frank

Guest

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:36 am

Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@remove-nospam-videk.com> wrote:
Hi Frank

The binary verison from openqnx (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/)
works works very well. Designer does not experience the below mentioned
problems, but it does crash pretty easily. But it is not a big deal because
I just did a re-release of the binary on openqnx site, hope it
will fix those designer crashing problems. the designer plugins
should be built properly this time.
Please download again and give it a try.
I don't need to use designer under QNX.

Again thanks for your work on supporting Qt for QNX - I almost gave up on
getting the shared library build working under QNX.
You are quite welcome. Now that we have Qt ported, people should
be able to start porting things like KDE, Konqueror browser,
KDeveloper IDE, Koffice, etc.
Also, it will also developers to write portable codes ...

Frank

--
Jens
fliu@bb.vipstage.com> wrote in message news:a8dan8$4b3$1@inn.qnx.com...
Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@videk.com> wrote:
I managed to compile Qt 3.0.0 (static library) for XPhoton fairly easy.
I
think if I spend a little more time I would have been able to complile
to
dynamic linked libraries also.

Most of the examples ran fine - except some minor problem with some of
the
icons and the grid in Qt Designer.

Do you have this problem with the binary version from openqnx?

Frank

Armin Steinhoff

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:25 am

Jens H Jorgensen wrote:
Hi Frank

The binary verison from openqnx (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/)
works works very well. Designer does not experience the below mentioned
problems, but it does crash pretty easily. But it is not a big deal because
I don't need to use designer under QNX.
The designer doesn't work stable with XPhoton ..
Again thanks for your work on supporting Qt for QNX - I almost gave up on
getting the shared library build working under QNX.
There are in the meantime shared versions of Qt 2.3.2 and Qt 3.0.3 at
openqnx. Also available are two interesting sets of visulaization
widgets. Have a look to:

http://qwt.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html (qwt/LGPL)
http://qtai.sourceforge.net/ (Qt AI/ GPL)

For reading the Qt doc ... download the small browser 'dillo' (200k,
supports PNG picts)

Armin

Guest

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:35 pm

Armin Steinhoff <a-steinhoff@web_.de> wrote:
For reading the Qt doc ... download the small browser 'dillo' (200k,
supports PNG picts)
qt3 comes with a program called "assistant". If you install the binary
from openqnx, it is along with all other executables in
/opt/X11R6/qt3/bin

"assistant" is qt's document browser, real nice.

Frank

Sergey V. Sobolev

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Sergey V. Sobolev » Sat Apr 20, 2002 3:04 pm

<fliu@bb.vipstage.com> wrote in message news:a8e7t8$m4h$1@inn.qnx.com...
Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@remove-nospam-videk.com> wrote:
Hi Frank

The binary verison from openqnx
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/)
works works very well. Designer does not experience the below mentioned
problems, but it does crash pretty easily. But it is not a big deal
because

I just did a re-release of the binary on openqnx site, hope it
will fix those designer crashing problems. the designer plugins
should be built properly this time.
Please download again and give it a try.

Is this binaries built with XFree libraries from openqnx, or as default on
QNX 6.1 - with XPhoton libraries ?

Guest

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:13 pm

Sergey V. Sobolev <ssobolev@volgasoft.net> wrote:
fliu@bb.vipstage.com> wrote in message news:a8e7t8$m4h$1@inn.qnx.com...
Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@remove-nospam-videk.com> wrote:
Hi Frank

The binary verison from openqnx
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx/)
works works very well. Designer does not experience the below mentioned
problems, but it does crash pretty easily. But it is not a big deal
because

I just did a re-release of the binary on openqnx site, hope it
will fix those designer crashing problems. the designer plugins
should be built properly this time.
Please download again and give it a try.

Is this binaries built with XFree libraries from openqnx, or as default on
QNX 6.1 - with XPhoton libraries ?
with xfree86 4.2 as found at openqnx site.

Armin Steinhoff

Re: Qt for nto

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Mon May 13, 2002 12:38 pm

Armin Steinhoff wrote:
[ clip ..]

There are in the meantime shared versions of Qt 2.3.2 and Qt 3.0.3 at
openqnx. Also available are two interesting sets of visulaization
widgets. Have a look to:

http://qwt.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html (qwt/LGPL)
http://qtai.sourceforge.net/ (Qt AI/ GPL)
For all donwloaded the broken QtAI archive ... it's corrected now

Armin

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”