Installation using qpk and qpm without the qpr

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Sanket Khidkikar

Installation using qpk and qpm without the qpr

Post by Sanket Khidkikar » Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:12 pm

I have a qpm and a qpk ...and want to install it. How do I do this???
Do I have to create a qpr first using the packager utility???
Thanks.
--
Sanket Khidkikar
Software Engineering

Jerry Chappell

Re: Installation using qpk and qpm without the qpr

Post by Jerry Chappell » Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:18 pm

Sanket Khidkikar <skhidkikar@atsautomation.com> wrote:
I have a qpm and a qpk ...and want to install it. How do I do this???
Do I have to create a qpr first using the packager utility???
Thanks.
First, make a directory that will become a local repository.
Put the QPK and QPM into that directory.
cd into that directory.
type the following:
packager -r
Answer the questions that packager asks.
Now you have a repository. Point pkg-installer at your
new local repository and your packages will appear.

Whenever you want to add to your repository, put new
QPK/QPM files into it, and type the following:
packager -ruv2
That remakes the repository with your new packages,
without asking you the questions that you already
answered before.

Jerry Chappell

Sanket Khidkikar

Re: Installation using qpk and qpm without the qpr

Post by Sanket Khidkikar » Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:21 pm

Would tar and gzipping the 2 files into a file with the extension qpr do
it??? I'll try that out.
"Sanket Khidkikar" <skhidkikar@atsautomation.com> wrote in message
I have a qpm and a qpk ...and want to install it. How do I do this???
Do I have to create a qpr first using the packager utility???
Thanks.
--
Sanket Khidkikar
Software Engineering
(519) 653 4483 x7121
ATS Advanced Systems
730 Fountain Street
Bldg 3
Cambridge ON N3H 4R7

Alain Bonnefoy

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:42 pm

Sanket Khidkikar a écrit :
Would tar and gzipping the 2 files into a file with the extension qpr do
it??? I'll try that out.
"Sanket Khidkikar" <skhidkikar@atsautomation.com> wrote in message
I have a qpm and a qpk ...and want to install it. How do I do this???
Do I have to create a qpr first using the packager utility???
Thanks.
--
Sanket Khidkikar
Software Engineering
(519) 653 4483 x7121
ATS Advanced Systems
730 Fountain Street
Bldg 3
Cambridge ON N3H 4R7

Yes and you also can do that by typing:
tar -zcvf the_package_file.qpr *.qpk *.qpm

Regards,
Alain.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”