patches

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
server

patches

Post by server » Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:42 pm

message unavailable

Jerry Chappell

Re: patches

Post by Jerry Chappell » Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:42 pm

Sam, here's how patching works:

The fs-pkg works on a top-down basis in the packages file,
/etc/system/package/packages

If you put a package higher in the list than another package,
its files will be seen and any duplicate files in the lower
package will be hidden.

In this way, you can ensure that a package which is meant
to patch an older package is seen, just ensure that it is
installed higher in the list than the package to which it is
an update.

This can be done with an Order Dependency in the manifest:

<QPM:ProductInstallationProcedure>
<QPM:OrderDependency>
<QPM:Order>InstallOver</QPM:Order>
<QPM:Product>old_product_identifier</QPM:Product>
</QPM:OrderDependency>
</QPM:ProductInstallationProcedure>

Packager also allows you to use a QPP (QNX Package
Patching) file to tell packager what old packages are being
updated. It will then make patches which include only those
files which are new, or have changed since the previous
package was built.

Let me know if you need to know how to use QPP files
for your project.

Jerry Chappell

Guest

Re: Porting Apache2 - qcc vs gcc

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2001 1:42 pm

CC setting stuff

- that the src/helper/GuessOS was wrong. The default was
for QNX4(Watcom C) not for Neutrino cc.
- the use of crypt() (search for QNX or qnx in the src files)
- the use of -lunix.
Doesn't using qcc (vs gcc) for CC fix the last one?

Plus what else?

libtoolize might help #1 and 2 ?

Alain Magloire

Re: Porting Apache2 - qcc vs gcc

Post by Alain Magloire » Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:38 pm

n2kra@orn.com wrote:
:>
:> <CC setting stuff>
:>
:>- that the src/helper/GuessOS was wrong. The default was
:> for QNX4(Watcom C) not for Neutrino cc.
:>- the use of crypt() (search for QNX or qnx in the src files)
:>- the use of -lunix.

: Doesn't using qcc (vs gcc) for CC fix the last one?

Not really, IIRC, it was hardcoded in the src/Configure

: Plus what else?

That's all I could remember. If you have any other problems
post the log here, it will probably refresh my memory.

: libtoolize might help #1 and 2 ?

Chris Goebel

Re: Porting Apache2 - qcc vs gcc

Post by Chris Goebel » Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:13 pm

I recently ported apache to QNX, here is what I did:

download the latest tgz from www.apache.org (1.3.20)
(note all of the following is to override apaches desire to compile & link for QNX 4.x)

edit src/helpers/GuessOS & comment out QNX section
export LDFLAGS=-lsocket
edit src/support/htdigest.c so that it uses <signal.h> not <sys/signal.h>

../configure
make
make install

Alain Magloire wrote:
n2kra@orn.com wrote:
:
:> <CC setting stuff
:
:>- that the src/helper/GuessOS was wrong. The default was
:> for QNX4(Watcom C) not for Neutrino cc.
:>- the use of crypt() (search for QNX or qnx in the src files)
:>- the use of -lunix.

: Doesn't using qcc (vs gcc) for CC fix the last one?

Not really, IIRC, it was hardcoded in the src/Configure

: Plus what else?

That's all I could remember. If you have any other problems
post the log here, it will probably refresh my memory.

: libtoolize might help #1 and 2 ?

Simon A. Platten

Re: Porting Apache2 - qcc vs gcc

Post by Simon A. Platten » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:55 pm

Thanks, I downloaded and compiled version 1.3.29 using the info you posted
and I got an executable with no errors...however when I try to start it
using:

../apachectl start

it says "httpd started", but I can't see the process running using PIDIN and
I don't get a process ID reported back to the shell. When I use:

../apachectl stop

it says "http: (no pid file) not running"

Any ideas ?

Thank you!
Simon Platten

"Chris Goebel" <cgoebel@tridium.com> wrote in message
I recently ported apache to QNX, here is what I did:

download the latest tgz from www.apache.org (1.3.20)
(note all of the following is to override apaches desire to compile & link
for QNX 4.x)

edit src/helpers/GuessOS & comment out QNX section
export LDFLAGS=-lsocket
edit src/support/htdigest.c so that it uses <signal.h> not <sys/signal.h

./configure
make
make install

Alain Magloire wrote:

n2kra@orn.com wrote:
:
:> <CC setting stuff
:

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:09 pm

simon.platten@vtcontrols.co.uk sed in <atkm0e$aep$1@inn.qnx.com>:
./apachectl start
it says "httpd started", but I can't see the process running using PIDIN and
What does error_log say?

(not particular to QNX BTW)
--
kabe

liug

Re: Porting Apache2 - qcc vs gcc

Post by liug » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:38 pm

sounds like you were not running "apachectl" as root?
frank

Simon A. Platten <simon.platten@vtcontrols.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

Alain Magloire wrote:

n2kra@orn.com wrote:
:
:> <CC setting stuff
:
:>- that the src/helper/GuessOS was wrong. The default was
:> for QNX4(Watcom C) not for Neutrino cc.
:>- the use of crypt() (search for QNX or qnx in the src files)
:>- the use of -lunix.

: Doesn't using qcc (vs gcc) for CC fix the last one?

Not really, IIRC, it was hardcoded in the src/Configure

: Plus what else?

That's all I could remember. If you have any other problems
post the log here, it will probably refresh my memory.

: libtoolize might help #1 and 2 ?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”