RPX LITE networking build?

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting
Post Reply
Rony Shapiro

RPX LITE networking build?

Post by Rony Shapiro » Mon Jul 16, 2001 1:56 pm

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in building an image for RPX LITE (power pc sbc) with
TCP/IP networking support?

The sample file doesn't include this, and the examples are too generic.
Specifically, I can't figure out which ethernet driver to pass as an
argument to io-net. Any other "gotchas"?

A working build file would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Rony

Dave Green

Re: RPX LITE networking build?

Post by Dave Green » Mon Jul 16, 2001 1:56 pm

Rony Shapiro <rshapiro@everbee.com> wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in building an image for RPX LITE (power pc sbc) with
TCP/IP networking support?

The sample file doesn't include this, and the examples are too generic.
Specifically, I can't figure out which ethernet driver to pass as an
argument to io-net. Any other "gotchas"?

A working build file would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks,

Rony
The command line to start tcp/ip networking on the rpx-lite is:

io-net -d ppc800-rpxlite channel=2 -p ttcpip if=en0:x.x.x.x &

where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the board.

You also need to add the following shared objects and binaries
to the buildfile:

libsocket.so
npm-ttcpip.so
devn-ppc800-rpxlite.so

io-net

---

Dave Green (dgreen@qnx.com)

QNX Software Systems Ltd.
http://www.qnx.com

Rony Shapiro

Re: RPX LITE networking build?

Post by Rony Shapiro » Mon Jul 16, 2001 3:59 pm

Bingo - thanks!

You might want to update the distribution with another sample build, and/or
add this to the documentation - it isn't really intuitive...

Cheers,

Rony

"Dave Green" <dgreen@qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting”