SOFT_RESET

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.printer

SOFT_RESET

Post by Mario Charest » Fri Apr 06, 2001 6:22 pm

The printer client doesn't seems to support the printer class specific
SOFT_RESET request. Why?

- Mario

Hardware Support Account

Re: SOFT_RESET

Post by Hardware Support Account » Wed Apr 18, 2001 5:34 pm

Hi Mario,

Could you please clarify a bit more?

What do you mean by printer class specfic? do you mean specific to a
particular printer?

Thanks

Erick.

Mario Charest <mcharest@antispam_zinformatic.com> wrote:

The printer client doesn't seems to support the printer class specific
SOFT_RESET request. Why?

> - Mario

Mario Charest

Re: SOFT_RESET

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:21 am

"Hardware Support Account" <hw@qnx.com> wrote in message
Hi Mario,

Could you please clarify a bit more?
With pleasure ;-)
What do you mean by printer class specfic? do you mean specific to a
particular printer?
The USB specification includes definition for some standard devices
such as printer, imaging, monitor, power, audio, etc. These are
call device class. Each class as a common set of command
and a private set or if you prefer class specific. In the case
of the printer class the SOFT_RESET command is part
of the "standard" (what every that means...).

You can have a look at the spec at
http://www.usb.org/developers/data/devc ... rint11.pdf
Thanks

Erick.

Mario Charest <mcharest@antispam_zinformatic.com> wrote:

The printer client doesn't seems to support the printer class specific
SOFT_RESET request. Why?

- Mario

Mario Charest

Re: SOFT_RESET

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:28 am

I just realized I'm in the wrong conference, this belongs to USB.
Can you take it on from here or should I repost.

"Mario Charest" <mcharest@deletezinformatic.com> wrote in message
[...]

Post by Hardware Support Account » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:25 pm

Best to repost, that way others in the USB ddk group can benefit.

Erick.

[...]

Lung Han

Re: SOFT_RESET

Post by Lung Han » Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:38 pm

There are three class-specific requests, GET_DEVICE_ID, GET_PORT_STATUS,
SOFT_RESET, supported by Linux.

Does QNX support those requests too?

Thanks.

[...]

Post Reply