Channel Dispatch_Create()

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Berkeley Process Control

Channel Dispatch_Create()

Post by Berkeley Process Control » Wed Jul 11, 2001 11:21 pm

Dispatch_create() besides other things, creats a channel.
Is there anyway I can get a Channel-id for it?

Grazie mille,

Mitchell Schoenbrun

Re: Channel Dispatch_Create()

Post by Mitchell Schoenbrun » Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:42 am

I don't think so. When I wrote my first resource manager I went
around in circles trying to figure out how to deal with this.
In the end I found that I did not need to know the Channel-id.
Maybe you should describe why you think that you need it.

--
Mitchell Schoenbrun --------- maschoen@pobox.com

Mario Charest

Re: Channel Dispatch_Create()

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Jul 12, 2001 12:42 pm

"Mitchell Schoenbrun" <maschoen@pobox.com> wrote in message
I don't think so. When I wrote my first resource manager I went
around in circles trying to figure out how to deal with this.
In the end I found that I did not need to know the Channel-id.
Maybe you should describe why you think that you need it.
Check message_connect(), it doesn't give you the channel id but
it creates a connection to it and return a connection it which is what
I'm guessing you need.
Previously, Berkeley Process Control wrote in qdn.public.ddk.input:

Dispatch_create() besides other things, creats a channel.
Is there anyway I can get a Channel-id for it?

Grazie mille,

--
Mitchell Schoenbrun --------- maschoen@pobox.com

Post Reply