speed up cdrom to 2x or more ?

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.audio
Post Reply
Leandre Croteau

speed up cdrom to 2x or more ?

Post by Leandre Croteau » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:18 pm

I got a 32x cdrom , and when I read raw data , I think that the speed is set
to 1x . I want to know if there a way to read (like setting cd
parameters ) data at 2x or more. I got and ordinary cdrom (not scsi).

Thanks Chris for your answer, but I am already reading more than one sector
at a time , it seems to work ok, but I have to do more tests to validate.

Igor Kovalenko

Re: speed up cdrom to 2x or more ?

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:24 am

I think this currently can only be done by sending raw SCSI commands to
device via PASS_THRU interface. Which is not documented. See cpt.h and some
Linux code which does it, might be able to guess...

"Leandre Croteau" <leandre.croteau.@mindready.com> wrote in message
I got a 32x cdrom , and when I read raw data , I think that the speed is
set
to 1x . I want to know if there a way to read (like setting cd
parameters ) data at 2x or more. I got and ordinary cdrom (not scsi).

Thanks Chris for your answer, but I am already reading more than one
sector
at a time , it seems to work ok, but I have to do more tests to validate.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.audio”