how Manually change Audio driver

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.audio
Post Reply
Francis Lavoie

how Manually change Audio driver

Post by Francis Lavoie » Tue Feb 13, 2001 4:48 am

It's writed on QNX site, that ESS soundcard are supported. I do have a ESS
soundcard on my toshiba, but I can not have any sound

How can I change manually the audio card?

Thanks

Michael D. Burkey

Re: how Manually change Audio driver

Post by Michael D. Burkey » Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:16 pm

Uhmm....WHICH ESS SoundCard is the question....

Maestro? Solo? Etc.

QNX only supports some ESS soundcards so far officially.

"Francis Lavoie" <franz04@hotmail.com> wrote in message
It's writed on QNX site, that ESS soundcard are supported. I do have a ESS
soundcard on my toshiba, but I can not have any sound

How can I change manually the audio card?

Thanks

Igor Kovalenko

Re: how Manually change Audio driver

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:43 am

ESS1869 is one of crappiest chips in the world. Even Linux does not work
well with it. The best advice I can give is to get a hammer and nail the
bastard to a wall, at least you'll feel moral satisfaction. Seriously, any
efforts spent on making a ISA soundcard work with QNX are not worth the
trouble. Just buy a cheap PCI card, you'll get much better sound quality.

-- igor

"Eugene" <eugene@sitall.com> wrote in message
I am too have problem with ESS 1869 sound-card (ISA PNP)!
It's not auto detect at boot time, and if i do
io-audio -dsb -ioport=0220,irq=9 and play any mp3 or mpeg file - sound is
freeze and looping first sound.
How can i fix it?

Eugene V. Korenevsky
It's writed on QNX site, that ESS soundcard are supported. I do have a
ESS
soundcard on my toshiba, but I can not have any sound

How can I change manually the audio card?

Thanks

Eugene

Post by Eugene » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:32 am

"Igor Kovalenko" <kovalenko@home.com> wrote in message
ESS1869 is one of crappiest chips in the world. Even Linux does not work
well with it. The best advice I can give is to get a hammer and nail the
bastard to a wall, at least you'll feel moral satisfaction. Seriously, any
efforts spent on making a ISA soundcard work with QNX are not worth the
trouble. Just buy a cheap PCI card, you'll get much better sound quality.

-- igor
óÐÁÓÉÂÏ, ÷ÁÛ ÓÏ×ÅÔ ÍÎÅ ÏÞÅÎØ ÐÏÍÏÇ! ;-(
It's very funny joke!

Eugene V. Korenevsky