DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.network
Post Reply
Johan Bjoerk

DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Johan Bjoerk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:17 pm

Hi everyone

I'm looking for information on how to respond to the DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI
devctl and a few questions about somewhat the same subject...

1. What subtypes are input/output?
A few is rather obvious, but SSID forexample could be either input or
output.

2. What am I to return on the NIC_WIFI_SUBCMD_BSS_TYPE, If you have
several accesspoints/ADHOC in your reach.. is it the one you are
currently connected to?

3. Are there any standard devctls that a user application can issue to
list all the availible accesspoints/adhoc networks?


Thanks in advance

/Johan Björk

Hugh Brown

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Hugh Brown » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:24 pm

"Johan Bjoerk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:br7d0n$adm$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Hi everyone

I'm looking for information on how to respond to the DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI
devctl and a few questions about somewhat the same subject...

1. What subtypes are input/output?
A few is rather obvious, but SSID forexample could be either input or
output.
Yes, you can either read the SSID or set it with the devctl. Are you writing
your own driver or are you wanting to know how to interface to an existing
driver?
2. What am I to return on the NIC_WIFI_SUBCMD_BSS_TYPE, If you have
several accesspoints/ADHOC in your reach.. is it the one you are
currently connected to?
Yes.
3. Are there any standard devctls that a user application can issue to
list all the availible accesspoints/adhoc networks?


Thanks in advance

/Johan Björk

Johan Bjoerk

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Johan Bjoerk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:32 pm

Hugh Brown wrote:
"Johan Bjoerk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:br7d0n$adm$1@nntp.qnx.com...

Hi everyone

I'm looking for information on how to respond to the DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI
devctl and a few questions about somewhat the same subject...

1. What subtypes are input/output?
A few is rather obvious, but SSID forexample could be either input or
output.


Yes, you can either read the SSID or set it with the devctl. Are you writing
your own driver or are you wanting to know how to interface to an existing
driver?
I'm writing my own driver.


2. What am I to return on the NIC_WIFI_SUBCMD_BSS_TYPE, If you have
several accesspoints/ADHOC in your reach.. is it the one you are
currently connected to?


Yes.
Thanks, any idea on q.3 ?

3. Are there any standard devctls that a user application can issue to
list all the availible accesspoints/adhoc networks?


Thanks in advance

/Johan Björk

Hugh Brown

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Hugh Brown » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:05 pm

"Johan Bjoerk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:br7rug$p5m$1@nntp.qnx.com...
Hugh Brown wrote:
"Johan Bjoerk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:br7d0n$adm$1@nntp.qnx.com...

Hi everyone

I'm looking for information on how to respond to the DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI
devctl and a few questions about somewhat the same subject...

1. What subtypes are input/output?
A few is rather obvious, but SSID forexample could be either input or
output.


Yes, you can either read the SSID or set it with the devctl. Are you
writing
your own driver or are you wanting to know how to interface to an
existing
driver?
I'm writing my own driver.
For which chipset?

2. What am I to return on the NIC_WIFI_SUBCMD_BSS_TYPE, If you have
several accesspoints/ADHOC in your reach.. is it the one you are
currently connected to?


Yes.
Thanks, any idea on q.3 ?



3. Are there any standard devctls that a user application can issue to
list all the availible accesspoints/adhoc networks?
No, there are not.
Thanks in advance

/Johan Björk

Johan Björk

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Johan Björk » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:54 am

Hugh Brown wrote:
"Johan Bjoerk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:br7rug$p5m$1@nntp.qnx.com...

Hugh Brown wrote:

"Johan Bjoerk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:br7d0n$adm$1@nntp.qnx.com...


Hi everyone

I'm looking for information on how to respond to the DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI
devctl and a few questions about somewhat the same subject...

1. What subtypes are input/output?
A few is rather obvious, but SSID forexample could be either input or
output.


Yes, you can either read the SSID or set it with the devctl. Are you

writing

your own driver or are you wanting to know how to interface to an

existing

driver?

I'm writing my own driver.


For which chipset?

Porting rather. for Atmel wlan chipsets. (AT76C50X...)
more specifically the card i'm testing on is a CNet CNWLC-811

/Johan


2. What am I to return on the NIC_WIFI_SUBCMD_BSS_TYPE, If you have
several accesspoints/ADHOC in your reach.. is it the one you are
currently connected to?


Yes.

Thanks, any idea on q.3 ?



3. Are there any standard devctls that a user application can issue to
list all the availible accesspoints/adhoc networks?



No, there are not.


Thanks in advance


/Johan Björk



Johan Björk

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Johan Björk » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm

Ping?
I know it's xmas time now, but maybe someone is still sneaking around in the
office? :)

How do I know from my driver if the user is trying to set some data, or get
some data from the driver?

Thanks!

/Johan

Hugh Brown

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Hugh Brown » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:41 pm

The subcmd of the nic_wifi_dcmd_t structure will either contain DEVDIR_TO or
DEVDIR_FROM, where TO is to the driver and FROM is from the driver.

"Johan Björk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:bs9dhs$rp2$1@inn.qnx.com...
Ping?
I know it's xmas time now, but maybe someone is still sneaking around in
the
office? :)

How do I know from my driver if the user is trying to set some data, or
get
some data from the driver?

Thanks!

/Johan

Johan Björk

Re: DCMD_IO_NET_WIFI

Post by Johan Björk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:27 am

Ah!
This makes much more sense now, thanks alot!

/Johan *Wearing a santahat* Björk


Hugh Brown wrote:
The subcmd of the nic_wifi_dcmd_t structure will either contain DEVDIR_TO or
DEVDIR_FROM, where TO is to the driver and FROM is from the driver.

"Johan Björk" <phearbear@home.se> wrote in message
news:bs9dhs$rp2$1@inn.qnx.com...

Ping?
I know it's xmas time now, but maybe someone is still sneaking around in

the

office? :)

How do I know from my driver if the user is trying to set some data, or

get

some data from the driver?

Thanks!

/Johan




Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.network”