Get ppp remote address and local address

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.network
Post Reply
Beth

Get ppp remote address and local address

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:35 pm

How do I get the remote address and local address of ppp programmatically
after pppd is up ?
I am running both Full and Tiny TCP stack.

Thanks,
-Beth Chen

Sean Boudreau

Re: Get ppp remote address and local address

Post by Sean Boudreau » Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:59 pm

SIOCGIFADDR for the local addr. See an example two threads
above this one. Use the same example but replace
SIOCGIFADDR -> SIOCGIFDSTADDR for the remote addr.

-seanb

Beth <id@net.com> wrote:
How do I get the remote address and local address of ppp programmatically
after pppd is up ?
I am running both Full and Tiny TCP stack.

Thanks,
-Beth Chen

Beth

Re: Get ppp remote address and local address

Post by Beth » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:44 pm

Got it working, thanks!

Beth <id@net.com> wrote:
How do I get the remote address and local address of ppp
programmatically
after pppd is up ?
I am running both Full and Tiny TCP stack.

Thanks,
-Beth Chen

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.network”