tracing packets after leaving your network interface

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.network
Post Reply
Jay Witherspoon

tracing packets after leaving your network interface

Post by Jay Witherspoon » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:16 pm

I have written a network driver that produces IP (I created both a convertor
and up producer in single driver). I get what appears to be a valid IP
packet (it is a echo reply to an echo request packet that I sent). And then
use tx_up() to put it into the stack. However, the ping application is not
ever seeing it. Is there some tracing I can perform inside io-net? How can
I see what is happening to the packet after tx_up()?

I am using tiny tcpip right now. I have examined the IP packet and it looks
good. The tx_up is returning 1 as expected. But I am getting a tx_done()
call for the packet before the tx_up() even returns. So, does this mean the
packet was rejected? How can I tell the reason?

Any ideas on how to determine what is happening to the packet?

Jay Witherspoon

Re: tracing packets after leaving your network interface

Post by Jay Witherspoon » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:16 pm

we now have our code running on full tcpip and are getting the same problem.
now we are able to use netstat -ni and the output packets (we are pinging)
are working, just the ping replies are not. The Ipkts is always 0. I guess
this all means the echo reply packets are being discarded...

"Jay Witherspoon" <spoon@scubadiving.com> wrote in message
[...]

Post by Jay Witherspoon » Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:14 pm

I was able to find the problem with the packet, but still am curious how I
am supposed to determine why the packet was discarded... In my case, I had
set a flag wrong...

[...]

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.network”