Lucent Winmodem...

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.network
Zephyrus

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by Zephyrus » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:05 am

Have you tried to relink/recompille it?

liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> escreveu nas notícias de
mensagem:aq9coe$5ut$1@inn.qnx.com...
liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:

oh that one. I've been using it for a long time on my thinkpad.

linux of course :)
the object file is for linux and there is no way
to link a linux obj with qnx's ones as far as I know.
again, if you can find the source code for this "binary properiety
object",
we would love to see.

frank

there are some sources in that tarball, but the core part

is a binary object: ltmdmobj.o
so basically you compile the sources and then link to that object
file...

Frank

Maybe I'm wrong... but... plese check this site and let me know if I'm
wrong
or not...

That's the driver that I compilled... 6.00c

http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/archive/

Hugs

"liug" <liug@mama.indstate.edu> escreveu na mensagem
source code for a winmodem?
hehe, must be dreaming ...
on the other hand, since you are not a programmer, I won't be
surprised
if you don't know what "source" means :)
seriously, I'd love to be proved wrong.

frank

liug

Re: Lucent Winmodem...

Post by liug » Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:20 am

Zephyrus <zzz@zzz.com> wrote:
Have you tried to relink/recompille it?
on linux, yes. those source codes are nothing but bridging the
linux kernel and the propriety object file.

I think nvidia and some other companies use the same trick to
release binary only drivers:
where the code that needs to be loaded into the kernel is GPL,
the source code is included. This both allows a buffer to
the GPL code but also to support various different versions of
the kernel with the same (binary) driver.
Moreover, it allows for a lot of naive users claiming that those companies
are distributing the source-code because they have seen this little module :)))

Since the core part is a binary only object, there is no way to
use it on qnx :(

Frank

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.network”