Post Reply
Anny

NIC driver for Toshiba satellite

Post by Anny » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:53 am

Hi,
I am trying to install QNX 4.25 on an Toshiba laptop (Satellite 2400 ) that
has windows2000 on it. I created a separate partition on the Machine for
QNX.

For Windows 2000, the driver being used for the NIC is Intel Pro/100 VE
Network Connection. But QNX doesn't recognize NIC card.

Also, I can't start QNX without bootable floopy disk.

Please help me

Thanks in advance,

Anny

Hugh Brown

Re: NIC driver for Toshiba satellite

Post by Hugh Brown » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:39 pm

This query should be under the public.qnx4 news group.

First of all, the Pro/100 VE adapter is not supported under QNX4.25. The
Pcmcia.generic driver only supports PCMCIA adapters and not CardBus
adapters. If you want CardBus support, you can download the pccard server
from developers.qnx.com.

Secondly, about your boot problem. Is the QNX partition below cylinder
1024? If it is, try to 'dinit -hq -b -O /dev/hd0' to place the old loader
on to your disk and see if that helps.

Previously, Anny wrote in qdn.public.ddk.network:
Hi,
I am trying to install QNX 4.25 on an Toshiba laptop (Satellite 2400 ) that
has windows2000 on it. I created a separate partition on the Machine for
QNX.

For Windows 2000, the driver being used for the NIC is Intel Pro/100 VE
Network Connection. But QNX doesn't recognize NIC card.

Also, I can't start QNX without bootable floopy disk.

Please help me

Thanks in advance,

Anny

Anny

Re: NIC driver for Toshiba satellite

Post by Anny » Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:05 am

Thanks a lot. Both NIC driver and booting problem is OK.
now, I have a small problem. Dev.par terminated....
I install patchE. still Dev.par terminated.

If anyone knows why, please tell me
Thanks in advance
Anny

"Hugh Brown" <hsbrown@qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]