PtPanelGroup question

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon

PtPanelGroup question

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:33 pm

If I call
uint16_t * index;
PtGetResource( widget, Pt_ARG_CURRENT_INDEX, &index, 0 );
in a Realize callback I get the correct index.

If I make the same call in a PanelSwitching callback, the index
returned is the index of what the panel used to be.

Why?

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number

Chris Wiebe

Re: PtPanelGroup question

Post by Chris Wiebe » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:09 pm

Take a look at the Helpviewer docs for PtPanelGroup, under the
Pt_CB_PG_PANEL_SWITCHING resource.

When you're inside this callback, you can get at the PtPanelGroupCallback_t
structure from the cbdata. The 'new_panel_index' is what you're looking
for.

The reason that Pt_ARG_CURRENT_INDEX still has the old value is because this
callback is generated before the panel is actually switched. Returning a
value other than Pt_CONTINUE will prevent the switch from taking place.

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
If I call
uint16_t * index;
PtGetResource( widget, Pt_ARG_CURRENT_INDEX, &index, 0 );
in a Realize callback I get the correct index.

If I make the same call in a PanelSwitching callback, the index
returned is the index of what the panel used to be.

Why?

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number