SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon
Post Reply
Mike Gorchak

SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Mike Gorchak » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:24 am

Hello, All!

Simple DirectMedia Layer supports Linux, Windows, BeOS, MacOS Classic, MacOS
X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, IRIX, and QNX. There is also code, but
no official support, for Windows CE, AmigaOS, Dreamcast, Atari, NetBSD, AIX,
OSF/Tru64, and SymbianOS.

Since 1.2.6 QNX 6.x is officially supported OS !

What's new:

1.2.6: Fixed bugs in the Nano-X video driver
1.2.6: Fixed use of SDL with XInitThreads()
1.2.6: Added MMX and 3DNow! optimized alpha blitters (thanks Stephane!)
1.2.6: Turned dynamic loading of ESD and aRts on by default
1.2.6: Fixed fullscreen mouse click bug in Quartz events (thanks Max!)
1.2.6: Added an environment variable SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS for MacOS X
1.2.6: Added SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS and SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES for
FSAA support (thanks Shawn and Ryan!)
1.2.6: Added audio and CD-ROM support for OSF/Tru64 (thanks Hayashi!)
1.2.6: Added SDL_LoadObject(), SDL_LoadFunction(), and
SDL_UnloadObject()
1.2.6: Added new Atari audio drivers (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Added more-than-three mouse button support for the Quartz target
1.2.6: Fixed compile problem in SDL_stretch.c with gcc 3.3
1.2.6: Added initial support for RISC OS (thanks Peter and Alan!)
1.2.6: Improved video mode selection under XFree86 (thanks Despair!)
1.2.6: Added support for HID sliders wheels and dials on MacOS X
1.2.6: Added m68k assembly routines for audio mixing (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Updated FreeBSD joystick USBHID support (thanks Matthew!)
1.2.6: Fixed video intitialization problem on Qtopia (thanks David!)
1.2.6: Fixed refresh rate issue with XFree86 4.3.0 (thanks Stephen!)
1.2.6: Fixed lost cursor bug under MacOS X (thanks Darrell!)
1.2.6: Fixed crash in SDL_SetIcon() under Quartz (thanks Darrell!)
1.2.6: Darrell added support for emulated SDL_DOUBLEBUF on MacOSX
1.2.6: Cth converted the MMX audio mixing routines to VC++ syntax
1.2.6: David MacCormack fixed a bug in window sizing with Windows menus
1.2.6: Enable the glXGetProcAddressARB code on X11 (fixes NVidia issues)
1.2.6: Added support for SDL_WM_GrabInput and SDL_WM_IconifyWindow on
Qtopia (thanks David!)
1.2.6: Almost completely rewritten and improved QNX code (thanks Mike
and Julian!)
1.2.6: Fixed left/right shift detection on Windows (thanks Mike!)
1.2.6: Fixed invalid memory access in DGA video driver (thanks ldb!)
1.2.6: Generate an expose event on MacOS X after power save (thanks
Darrell!)
1.2.6: Updated Atari port for new system headers (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Linux joystick cleanups from Alan Swanson
1.2.6: *BSD joystick cleanups from Wilbern Cobb
1.2.6: Worked around Visual C++ 7 optimizer bug in blit code
1.2.6: Open ALSA devices in non-blocking mode (thanks Aleksey!)
1.2.6: Updated for DirectDB 0.9.15 (thanks Denis!)
1.2.6: Fixed building SDL DLL with Watcom C++ (thanks Jean-Pierre)
1.2.6: Support 1-bit alpha on surfaces passed to SDL_WM_SetIcon()
(thanks Glenn!)
1.2.6: Greatly improved X11 DGA video speed (thanks Cezary!)
1.2.6: Added MMX audio mixing code for gcc (thanks Stephane!)
1.2.6: Fixed potential dropped events under DirectInput
1.2.6: Fixed alpha blending bug (thanks Glenn!)
1.2.6: Fixed joystick detection on Windows XP (thanks Maciej!)
1.2.6: Fixed a crash blitting RLE surfaces to RLE surfaces
1.2.6: Fixed mouse warp position bug with offset video modes
1.2.6: Fixed windows event handling for ActiveX controls
1.2.6: Added Visual C++ 7 (.NET) projects (thanks James!)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Dave Rempel

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Dave Rempel » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:14 pm

That's awesome news!

Now I'll try to make a package for the 3rd party website....unless
someone already has one ;)

Dave

Mike Gorchak wrote:
Hello, All!

Simple DirectMedia Layer supports Linux, Windows, BeOS, MacOS Classic, MacOS
X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, IRIX, and QNX. There is also code, but
no official support, for Windows CE, AmigaOS, Dreamcast, Atari, NetBSD, AIX,
OSF/Tru64, and SymbianOS.

Since 1.2.6 QNX 6.x is officially supported OS !

What's new:

1.2.6: Fixed bugs in the Nano-X video driver
1.2.6: Fixed use of SDL with XInitThreads()
1.2.6: Added MMX and 3DNow! optimized alpha blitters (thanks Stephane!)
1.2.6: Turned dynamic loading of ESD and aRts on by default
1.2.6: Fixed fullscreen mouse click bug in Quartz events (thanks Max!)
1.2.6: Added an environment variable SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS for MacOS X
1.2.6: Added SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS and SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES for
FSAA support (thanks Shawn and Ryan!)
1.2.6: Added audio and CD-ROM support for OSF/Tru64 (thanks Hayashi!)
1.2.6: Added SDL_LoadObject(), SDL_LoadFunction(), and
SDL_UnloadObject()
1.2.6: Added new Atari audio drivers (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Added more-than-three mouse button support for the Quartz target
1.2.6: Fixed compile problem in SDL_stretch.c with gcc 3.3
1.2.6: Added initial support for RISC OS (thanks Peter and Alan!)
1.2.6: Improved video mode selection under XFree86 (thanks Despair!)
1.2.6: Added support for HID sliders wheels and dials on MacOS X
1.2.6: Added m68k assembly routines for audio mixing (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Updated FreeBSD joystick USBHID support (thanks Matthew!)
1.2.6: Fixed video intitialization problem on Qtopia (thanks David!)
1.2.6: Fixed refresh rate issue with XFree86 4.3.0 (thanks Stephen!)
1.2.6: Fixed lost cursor bug under MacOS X (thanks Darrell!)
1.2.6: Fixed crash in SDL_SetIcon() under Quartz (thanks Darrell!)
1.2.6: Darrell added support for emulated SDL_DOUBLEBUF on MacOSX
1.2.6: Cth converted the MMX audio mixing routines to VC++ syntax
1.2.6: David MacCormack fixed a bug in window sizing with Windows menus
1.2.6: Enable the glXGetProcAddressARB code on X11 (fixes NVidia issues)
1.2.6: Added support for SDL_WM_GrabInput and SDL_WM_IconifyWindow on
Qtopia (thanks David!)
1.2.6: Almost completely rewritten and improved QNX code (thanks Mike
and Julian!)
1.2.6: Fixed left/right shift detection on Windows (thanks Mike!)
1.2.6: Fixed invalid memory access in DGA video driver (thanks ldb!)
1.2.6: Generate an expose event on MacOS X after power save (thanks
Darrell!)
1.2.6: Updated Atari port for new system headers (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Linux joystick cleanups from Alan Swanson
1.2.6: *BSD joystick cleanups from Wilbern Cobb
1.2.6: Worked around Visual C++ 7 optimizer bug in blit code
1.2.6: Open ALSA devices in non-blocking mode (thanks Aleksey!)
1.2.6: Updated for DirectDB 0.9.15 (thanks Denis!)
1.2.6: Fixed building SDL DLL with Watcom C++ (thanks Jean-Pierre)
1.2.6: Support 1-bit alpha on surfaces passed to SDL_WM_SetIcon()
(thanks Glenn!)
1.2.6: Greatly improved X11 DGA video speed (thanks Cezary!)
1.2.6: Added MMX audio mixing code for gcc (thanks Stephane!)
1.2.6: Fixed potential dropped events under DirectInput
1.2.6: Fixed alpha blending bug (thanks Glenn!)
1.2.6: Fixed joystick detection on Windows XP (thanks Maciej!)
1.2.6: Fixed a crash blitting RLE surfaces to RLE surfaces
1.2.6: Fixed mouse warp position bug with offset video modes
1.2.6: Fixed windows event handling for ActiveX controls
1.2.6: Added Visual C++ 7 (.NET) projects (thanks James!)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Mike Gorchak

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Mike Gorchak » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:35 am

Hello, Dave!

DR> Now I'll try to make a package for the 3rd party website....unless
DR> someone already has one ;)

Take a look into the SDL.qpg.in -> SDL.qpg file existing in the source tree,
so just run packager :) Now it's really easy :)))

P.S. Btw, since QNX 6.x is officially supported, builded package will be
available from the main www.libsdl.org site soon. Created by me of course :)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Dave Rempel

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Dave Rempel » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:39 pm

Mike Gorchak wrote:
Hello, Dave!

DR> Now I'll try to make a package for the 3rd party website....unless
DR> someone already has one ;)

Take a look into the SDL.qpg.in -> SDL.qpg file existing in the source tree,
so just run packager :) Now it's really easy :)))
Yes I noticed it :) Very nice.
P.S. Btw, since QNX 6.x is officially supported, builded package will be
available from the main www.libsdl.org site soon. Created by me of course :)
Excellent! I'll just mirror the official one then when it appears.
Less confusion that way I think :)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Jens H Jorgensen

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Jens H Jorgensen » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:23 pm

Very nice.

How do you determine which video boards that has SDL driver support?

Thanks
Jens


"Mike Gorchak" <mike@malva.com.ua> wrote in message
news:biukf7$8do$2@inn.qnx.com...
Hello, All!

Simple DirectMedia Layer supports Linux, Windows, BeOS, MacOS Classic,
MacOS
X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, IRIX, and QNX. There is also code,
but
no official support, for Windows CE, AmigaOS, Dreamcast, Atari, NetBSD,
AIX,
OSF/Tru64, and SymbianOS.

Since 1.2.6 QNX 6.x is officially supported OS !

What's new:

1.2.6: Fixed bugs in the Nano-X video driver
1.2.6: Fixed use of SDL with XInitThreads()
1.2.6: Added MMX and 3DNow! optimized alpha blitters (thanks Stephane!)
1.2.6: Turned dynamic loading of ESD and aRts on by default
1.2.6: Fixed fullscreen mouse click bug in Quartz events (thanks Max!)
1.2.6: Added an environment variable SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS for MacOS X
1.2.6: Added SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS and SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES for
FSAA support (thanks Shawn and Ryan!)
1.2.6: Added audio and CD-ROM support for OSF/Tru64 (thanks Hayashi!)
1.2.6: Added SDL_LoadObject(), SDL_LoadFunction(), and
SDL_UnloadObject()
1.2.6: Added new Atari audio drivers (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Added more-than-three mouse button support for the Quartz target
1.2.6: Fixed compile problem in SDL_stretch.c with gcc 3.3
1.2.6: Added initial support for RISC OS (thanks Peter and Alan!)
1.2.6: Improved video mode selection under XFree86 (thanks Despair!)
1.2.6: Added support for HID sliders wheels and dials on MacOS X
1.2.6: Added m68k assembly routines for audio mixing (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Updated FreeBSD joystick USBHID support (thanks Matthew!)
1.2.6: Fixed video intitialization problem on Qtopia (thanks David!)
1.2.6: Fixed refresh rate issue with XFree86 4.3.0 (thanks Stephen!)
1.2.6: Fixed lost cursor bug under MacOS X (thanks Darrell!)
1.2.6: Fixed crash in SDL_SetIcon() under Quartz (thanks Darrell!)
1.2.6: Darrell added support for emulated SDL_DOUBLEBUF on MacOSX
1.2.6: Cth converted the MMX audio mixing routines to VC++ syntax
1.2.6: David MacCormack fixed a bug in window sizing with Windows menus
1.2.6: Enable the glXGetProcAddressARB code on X11 (fixes NVidia issues)
1.2.6: Added support for SDL_WM_GrabInput and SDL_WM_IconifyWindow on
Qtopia (thanks David!)
1.2.6: Almost completely rewritten and improved QNX code (thanks Mike
and Julian!)
1.2.6: Fixed left/right shift detection on Windows (thanks Mike!)
1.2.6: Fixed invalid memory access in DGA video driver (thanks ldb!)
1.2.6: Generate an expose event on MacOS X after power save (thanks
Darrell!)
1.2.6: Updated Atari port for new system headers (thanks Patrice!)
1.2.6: Linux joystick cleanups from Alan Swanson
1.2.6: *BSD joystick cleanups from Wilbern Cobb
1.2.6: Worked around Visual C++ 7 optimizer bug in blit code
1.2.6: Open ALSA devices in non-blocking mode (thanks Aleksey!)
1.2.6: Updated for DirectDB 0.9.15 (thanks Denis!)
1.2.6: Fixed building SDL DLL with Watcom C++ (thanks Jean-Pierre)
1.2.6: Support 1-bit alpha on surfaces passed to SDL_WM_SetIcon()
(thanks Glenn!)
1.2.6: Greatly improved X11 DGA video speed (thanks Cezary!)
1.2.6: Added MMX audio mixing code for gcc (thanks Stephane!)
1.2.6: Fixed potential dropped events under DirectInput
1.2.6: Fixed alpha blending bug (thanks Glenn!)
1.2.6: Fixed joystick detection on Windows XP (thanks Maciej!)
1.2.6: Fixed a crash blitting RLE surfaces to RLE surfaces
1.2.6: Fixed mouse warp position bug with offset video modes
1.2.6: Fixed windows event handling for ActiveX controls
1.2.6: Added Visual C++ 7 (.NET) projects (thanks James!)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Chris McKillop

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Chris McKillop » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:06 pm

Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@remove-nospam-videk.com> wrote:
Very nice.

How do you determine which video boards that has SDL driver support?
It works via Photon. So whatever Photon supports SDL supports. I belive
that Mike has even gotten the full screen and overlay modes working properly.
Really nice for playing 320x240 games at near full screen with no additional
CPU usage. :)

chris

--
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL -- Lewis Carroll --
http://qnx.wox.org/

Mike Gorchak

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Mike Gorchak » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:59 am

Hello, Chris!

??>> How do you determine which video boards that has SDL driver support?
CM> It works via Photon. So whatever Photon supports SDL supports. I
CM> belive that Mike has even gotten the full screen and overlay modes
CM> working properly.

CM> Really nice for playing 320x240 games at near full screen with no
CM> additional CPU usage. :)

Ha ! :) fullscreen modes below 640x480 isn't supported yet :) because photon
temporaly switches to vga driver and then forget to back to the original
driver :) and we got the text mode featured photon :)))

---------------------------------------------
This is Dave Rempel's reply to my post from April 09, 2002 in this forum:
---------------------------------------------

Photon doesn't know anything about video modes, the drivers do
all the deciding on what can be supported, the iPaq for example
is a 240x320 (or maybe it's 200x320...don't remember exactly) display
and Photon runs just fine (since the iPaq video driver handles
that resolution).

The driver guys will have to comment as to why the low resolutions are not
normally supported by the average photon driver.


---------------------------------------------
This is David Donohoe's reply to my post from April 09, 2002 in this forum:
---------------------------------------------

You can run at 320x200x8 right now if you want, but you need to edit
/etc/system/config/graphics-modes. Add a line line this:
io-graphics -dldevg-vga.so -g320x200x8;#320,200,8,100,0,vga - Mode 13
somewhere in the middle/end of the file, then it should show up
in the list when you use "Graphics config" dialog.

Q. Why do we not add 320x200 to the list automatically?
A. It's impossible to use the "Graphics Config" dialog at this
resolution. It does not make sense to run at the resolution
when using desktop type apps, although it does make sense
when playing fullscreen games like doom.

Q. Why isn't 320x200x8 returned in the list when you call
PgGetVideoModeList?
A. Right now, only the graphics driver which is currently running
is queried for modes. Hence if you are running the rage driver,
you only get modes that the rage driver supports.
Some work is required on our part to allow querying all drivers,
and to allow PgSetVideoMode to unload the current driver
dll and switch to a different one (e.g. unload devg-rage.so
and load devg-vga.so).

Q. When will it be available?
A. This is a forum is for technical discussions ;-)

Dave
----------------------------------------

So when photon drivers will support low-res modes, SDL will automatically
support them :)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Mike Gorchak

Re: SDL 1.2.6 has been released 30 Aug

Post by Mike Gorchak » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:33 am

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:39:38 -0400:

MG>> P.S. Btw, since QNX 6.x is officially supported, builded package will
MG>> be available from the main www.libsdl.org site soon. Created by me of
MG>> course :)
DR> Excellent! I'll just mirror the official one then when it appears.
DR> Less confusion that way I think :)

Ok, it is ready: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

With best regards, Mike Gorchak. E-mail: mike@malva.com.ua

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.photon”